ZBrushCentral

plugin request:copy/paste 3d layers

who am I, to ask for a plugin when maybe people are busy like hell.
really :slight_smile:

anyway,maybe it’s super easy ,like a 2 minute thing ,so I tought why not?

I would like to be able to copy/paste 3d layers from identical tools
without having to export 8 million polys .obj.

Is such a thing even possible?

I agree it would be handy. Although a workaround is to import meshes into new layers

I agree this would be a useful feature but currently it’s not possible to script this in any other way than exporting/importing OBJs. As aurick suggests in your question in the other forum, you may be able to append a clone/polymesh as subtool and use ProjectAll to transfer but this likely won’t work in all cases. Exporting/importing the mesh at a lower level first would help with this method.

Cheers,

As marcus_civis suggests this alternative method does work quite well, I have done this before, only catch is your model will need to have good typology.

Marcus Thanks for the tip about importing at level 1 first :slight_smile: .
It really helped me make peace with the project all feature.
I was just so traumatized about how the reproject higher feature mess up my details
that I forgot I could still do some things at level 1.

You seem to know a lot about zbrush options
(you pointed me to a slider setting topological mask blur strenght that I didn’t even knew was existing)
so here is another question.

Is there any hidden options like P.multi or projection range for the Project All feature?
I still have problems projecting over the surfaces where the subtools are intersecting.

(It’s not a question about scripts but I didn’t want to start a new thread
as Project all seems to be a solution to the problem I first stated in this one)

Thanks