Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Hey, D.

I'm generally liking your new sculpt, emotion is good, generally anatomically solid, but I have a few issues. The first is the texture, it just sort of seems a bit haphazard, with the hue just being equally splotchy throughout. Maybe focus a bit more on standard temperature zones, add some yellow to the forehead, some blue around the eyes, some red on the nose and chin, etc., that way you can give them the uneven skin tone you're going for in a more calculated way.

Another thing is the lighting, there are a lot of areas that are just getting washed out, which isn't helping making the texturing look interesting. Having some stronger light on those upward-facing planes might help this to be a bit more dramatic and allow the coloration to show through.

The surface details also suffer from appearing to have a bit of a haphazard quality and a certain sense of monotony. The lip details look like the eye details look like the neck details. Really focus on accentuating areas of tension and making some wrinkles perpendicular to the path of the underlying muscle. Before you make those details, ask yourself why they're there and what form they would take.

In terms of the model itself, the only thing that bothers me are the clavicles, they elevate rather sharply as they approach the acromion process and it just looks a bit off.

Hope some of this helps, and good luck. The sculpt is looking strong, just needs a bit of tweaking here and there.

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

Love the were-creature stepping out of the dark... very cool!

Twitchmonkey: Thanks for pointing all that out. Brought me back and more objective about my sculpts now. Cant let things slip like that.

RawSunlight: Thanks. That has changed a whole lot since then. Hopefully be able to post that in a few months.

Here is another one i did. Just concept really. Gonna try to do a bust a day for the next couple of weeks.

2.jpg
    A man is solely restricted by his own words.

ZBrush Sketchpad - Here
    Free Male Hero Ztool

Default Concept Art

Here is a character im gonna start working on. Affectionately called Big Brother.

Concept_TN.jpg
    Concept_sm.jpg

ZBrush Sketchpad - Here
    Free Male Hero Ztool

Some of the choices made on the concept are a little bit unusual, but you've got to be somewhat unusual I suppose. The face has a lot of character, looking forward to seeing this in 3d.

Thanks Twitch! Well considering im not good at drawing im very pleased with this one. I needed a win badly too. When you gonna start posting up again?

ZBrush Sketchpad - Here
    Free Male Hero Ztool

My time has been pretty divided for the last, well, it's been awhile now. Photoshop, Max, Zbrush, Borderlands, Dragon Age is out tomorrow, etc. That's not to say I haven't been working, I just haven't had the chance to refine a Zbrush project to the level I would want it to be at to show it here. I am currently in the process of sculpting another body, however. It began as a practice in Zsketching, how are you liking that feature, by the way? I'm not so good at it. Anyway, I might have something to post soon.

The concept is definitely a good one, what I meant by interesting techniques was things like the chromatic noise you seem to have going on, predominantly on the shirt, not sure how I feel about it, but it's an interesting choice.

Twitch: Thanks. I was just trying to add some grit and grain to him to contrast the clear background and blood spatters. Its just concept, not meant to be final in the least. Just shapes, forms and mood. Which it does for me.

Heres an up. Blocking out forms. Nothing else.
    1_TN.jpg
    1.jpg

ZBrush Sketchpad - Here
    Free Male Hero Ztool

I'm digging the progression on this thread, the pose on the last model is nice and it has a good sense of weight to it. The legs feel short to me, but I don't know if that was an intentional part of the design. Looking forward to seeing the finished sculpt.

Thumbs up

liking the proportions - clean mesh too
    " crits n comments always welcome ! "

" im not half as dumb as i think you look !! "

Great progression through out your thread. Can't wait to see how big brother turns out.

zberry: Thanks! I have been practicing a lot. Im glad there is a noticeable progression. Hopefully the proportions look better

Gary Komar: Thanks

wdcstudios: Thanks

Heres an up

5_TN.jpg
    5.jpg
    6.jpg
    Last edited by DAnconia; 11-03-09 at 11:45 PM.

ZBrush Sketchpad - Here
    Free Male Hero Ztool

Looks good. Only things that look a bit off to me is the lines on the pectorals create a sort of strange connection between the pectorals and the sternal notch, and they don't seem to be adhering to the direction of the fibers, Aside from that, I'd take a look at perhaps bulking up the obliques and adding some serratus definition.

Otherwise I can't seem to find any issues.

Twitch: Thanks man! Ill definitely give his obliques another run through. Im not satisfied with them anyway.

Im done with the anatomy at this point since most of his body will be clothed. Put blood on his hands for the hell of it. Wanted to mess around with ZApp link and textures.

3_1_TN.jpg
    3_1.jpg

ZBrush Sketchpad - Here
    Free Male Hero Ztool

Good job you're improving fast!
    SketchBook
    ZAnimator (Video Demo): The Zbrush Animation Plugin (Keyframe and Timeline based)
    ZAnimator Zbrush Thread
    Blog / Webfolio: Darukin's Arts and Crafts

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891016 ... LastLast