ZBrushCentral

Request Plugin Symmetry For Painting 2d

I ve a problem

See for example :

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=59285&page=2

and look image "Shaman X719 ".

Is speedspainting with zbrush/photoshop. I do a base mesh, made forms etc… when i like, i save like a document, and begin paitning 2d… but i can paint a symmetry mode, for example, i like so much the brus snakehook, but i can dot the same thing in X or Y… is for this image, SHAMAN, i m a little disappoint because i don´t have a perfect symmetry.

Is posible have a script like this for all 2d brushes?

It’s a nice idea, and has been asked for before (if I remember correctly), but it is not currently possible through scripting. :cry:

:mad: OUFOU!!! I hope you can speak with people of pixologic for tell them is a little problem for people like sketching, i think this option will be very great for all 2d brushes…

hum is no possible a script grab the middle of screen with mrggrabber and duplicate a layer with option xy and merge exactly all together in a new layer above the original layer?

Well, if that is all you want then you don’t need a script. Do this:

1. In the Layer palette, press the Dup button. This duplicates the current layer.
  2. Press the FlipH button. This flips the layer horizontally.
  3. You can move a layer forwards or backwards using the Displace Z slider. Negative values bring the layer forwards.

HTH,

Yes i see this method, An Auris post i believe, but i think is more interesting the plugin/option for all 2d brushes… why if we´re painting in 3d no have problem? I think is more dificult programing a polypainting mode 3d than a simple 2d mode with symmetry? No? I don ´t understand wher is the dificulty for pixologic team?

As I said, it’s not possible to do with zscript, so a plugin is not possible at the present time. As far as including the option in the program is concerned, I shall pass on your request to the development team. Whether it makes it into the program will depend on development priorities.

Thank you. Muchas gracias. Merci.