ZBrushCentral

Invaders

This is 1 of the 4 characters in this scene. I need an anatomy critique badly. Tear this guy apart. Put it in photoshop and draw over it. Do what you like. The more you rip this apart the harder i work on it and the better it comes out.

Thank you in advance,
dAnconia

[B.jpg]sv2.jpg

Attachments

FV.jpg

sv1.jpg

Here are a couple views of the bust for one of the Invaders.

C and C is most welcome.

[fv1.jpg]sv1.jpg

C and C is most welcome.

[3view.jpg]

cool concepts. waiting for the whole body shots.

Thanks Vlad!

Im trying to make them as aerodynamic as possible. This is just the start and there is a whole lot of work to be done.

Heres some more progress. Eventually the parasite on the aliens face will become more clear as it continues.

C and C is most welcome.

[3view.jpg]

[fv1.jpg]sv1.jpg

What I like about your work is that it is very sketchy, like brainstorming. Like trying to sculpt faster than you can think in order to build the essence of the idea, movement,…
Just like your body has two legs, and you march by placing one foot further than the other, alternating, this is an important phase of sculpture (or drawing).
Only don’t forget that it is not a final goal, and that further sculpting and refining is needed to move forwards (the other leg).

Thanks Erik,

The whole parasite idea just came about last night and i ran with it. I was getting sleepy so i just sketched as much as i could before getting tired and lazy haha!

Whole lot of work left on this one. Appreciate your comments.

I can see where it’s going. Nice work.

Thanks Storm! Ill have an update tonight.

Progress for today.

C and C is welcomed
[3view.jpg]sv1.jpg

Attachments

23v.jpg

fv1.jpg

Hello there,

This concept seems to be great but still very raw and sketchy at this point. I’ll ckeck your trhead up for the final version. Don’t forget finesse ! Keep up.

Full of promise this is. You can go very far with it!

For the male figure I have very crudely changed the pose to get a bit of weight and action into it (at least i think, the method was lasso, transform and liquify in PS). A simple and quick technique which i think shows that your anatomy isn’t a off as you thought. :slight_smile:

As for the Alien and parasite, it feels like your losing the form between the two characters. Maybe try creating the parasite seperate and appending it as a subtool so you got more control.

BTW very dark concept!

Attachments

repose01.jpg

I am going to start over on the Parasite and Invader. Ive got the base shape done and will post an update tonight. The parasite on the face is pretty cool, but i got some other weird ideas on what it will look like attached to the Invaders back. Most likely there will be more than one parasite.

Erik- thanks i plan on taking it pretty far. there is a whole lot to do with this subject matter.

Morph- thanks for the crit. I see what you mean about it giving it more weight. After i mock up the scene we will see what makes the biggest impact with poses.

Hell- Thanks for the comments. Im glad i did this sketch cause now i can move on to the final sculpt. I like sketching this way more than on paper cause i am consistently within the same medium.

hey buddy,you getting better,keep up man.:smiley: :+1:

Rodion - You have excelled in your skills. So much better. Keep up the great work. You are going to be awesome!!

Decided to move the parasite. Still have a whole lot to do on the wrinkled skin and the lower body. Still dont know what to do with that yet.

C and C welcomed.

[[attach=97487]3view1.jpg[/attach]]3view1.jpg
[[attach=97489]BV1.jpg[/attach]]BV1.jpg[[attach=97490]CU1.jpg[/attach]]CU1.jpg

Attachments

BV.jpg

[CU2.jpg]sv2.jpg

Attachments

sv1.jpg