ZBrushCentral

fire snake

hi everybody
this is my entry for the dominance war III and it ended up with the 15th award…i am really happy with the result
lowpoly in max…highpoly sculpt in zbrush…normal/ao maps bake in max…texture painted in photoshop…that’s the process
hope u guys like it
C&C are welcome~
thx

![3_w_andy6308aaa.jpg|836x1000](upload://kL5eQnuaSQOel3l3F0SHv3wP1cA.jpeg)![04.jpg|1000x999](upload://nAdyLSb4RjxA4UH1OCR7TjkWJmi.jpeg)![pop2.jpg|869x956](upload://kWkaXz8KUdqXK4nOizHQqBpQhgd.jpeg)![55.jpg|868x744](upload://8QjhD9hBoW7kJmgbMox5jVqdlZB.jpeg)![33.jpg|742x686](upload://qIWGoykNWjn3IGJ66sKSIwbfKCE.jpeg)![pop4.jpg|968x717](upload://qo5d3Xnc2MzbWyMyHqMM1cJGYzI.jpeg)![FireSnake02.jpg|1000x1000](upload://xfPm2RUTOS2BLQPnMgRpHLs9lyX.jpeg)![FireSnake03.jpg|1000x1000](upload://szLU9GHd6L7QpZCLIDQZLbZqz3W.jpeg)![FireSnake04.jpg|1000x1000](upload://a8bsUllxbi9oEzIwxyDHF3VyVDI.jpeg)![andychen02.jpg|100x76](upload://8BUXSLjhCJKIq4d4QBEqYqlVeO.jpeg)

How did you make that Fire effect was it a shader? or a plugin? or lights?

also your concept is great I draw way crappier in 2d lol.

awesome… I really like it

gogogo fire snake
what a great job u did:D

hope u guys like it
C&C are welcome~
thx
:wink:

Amazing work! I love the overall feel of the design!:+1:

Great Work!! Really nice details!! :+1:

good:)

It is amazing to see how far people can push the limits for modern videogame assets creation. Fantastic work!

3+

awesome! love the concept - great sculpt as well!

congrats on the top row
keep up the great work man;)

Awesome man, love the sculpts.

hope u guys like it
C&C are welcome~
thx

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?p=460070#post460070
angle6308@hotmail.com

Cooooooool…keep it up. only thing i feel is that it is having red all over so at some places it becomes difficult to read, but as you see in concept it is much clear.

Really nice work and great mesh. I agree about the red. Great design and idea. Congrats :smiley:

Nice job on the character. Great stuff. I’m surprised that 3DS Max is still calling color maps, diffuse maps. What does Max call an actual diffuse map. I know Maya uses diffuse the way it’s supposed to.

One crit is that I think your character is getting lost in all the saturated colors going on, and we might miss a lot of the detail if this was in a game. I’d say less saturation, and some complimentary cools to separate the character from the fire dragon.

Looks really good.

But the ripped edge effect on the bottom of the char … was that just a texture mapping or did you zbriush the edges…

At first I thought the feathery edge look was post work, but on closer examination it looks like he used an alpha map to get the feathery look of the edges, but I could be wrong.

Nice job!

Great work - really inspiring and original :slight_smile: