Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Sig is a US typical well organized event. Nametags, lines, programs, and zero chance for fun and creative chaos. You will enjoy it. The lab and the innovation section are usually amazing and show things which you will never see elsewhere. Or in 5 years when patented. You can meet a lot of people in one place which you will have a hard time visiting otherwise. It's a good contact making event. One thing you have to focus on is to get a beer ticket from the guy's you wish to talk to in more detail. It's the ticket for the after show party.... Where the real stuff goes on. I got kinda lost in Boston after the XSI and the Rhino one... So take a cellphone with you and have the name of your hotel, their phone number, and the approximate cab fair in cash in your front pocket when you embark on the party trail 8)). Why not cast a business card 8).L

New Member Follow User Gallery

Thanks for the advise. Cast a business card? I would need a wheelbarrow or many minions. I have to make sure if I go to any of these "after show parties" that I watch my alcohol intake...I wouldn't want to pee in anybodies fireplace, throw-up on anybodies laptop, or otherwise act in any way consistent with my normal mode of embarasing drunkeness...not embarasing for me mind you, in my mind it never happened! Ahhh, the solace of the black-out!
    Thanks again Lemo, will get back to you on the 7th axis.

Hahahaha At some of those parties you have to be in line for the place at the fireplace rofl. And lmao @ the minions and the wheelbarrow. Maybe stamping would be better haha. Dang... I am not going this year. But I'm sure we'll meet one day. Maybe at some fireplace... reciting limericks... and if lucky we might remember that encounter as well. HA lol
    Lemo

That croc is awesome!

Default Kuka carve

Another robot carve test video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FVI1JeMkhA

Awesome! Which material are you carving? EPS?

Any case... being the representative of the KUKA Robot Union for your district I fear I have to visit soon to check the work conditions for our friend there... Free beer, lubricant, and classical music on demand. To name a few....
    L

So....the rotary axis is human powered?

Quote Originally Posted by 3Point14
    So....the rotary axis is human powered?
    LOL.... that made my day.
    L

Yes, The rotary axis is human powered...bummer. We don't have the resources yet for an automated 7th. I would say for what we do (sculpture reproduction and enlargement) an automated rotary 7th is a must have...but you can only do what you can when you can. An automated rotary 7th allows the robot's joints to move much less radically to get the job done, which makes for a much easier translation from CAM to robot. I will say this, after using the robot as a cnc for the last three weeks, I couldn't be more impressed with the system...very stable and robust. Pretty much a dream system when compared with the price of a large 5 axis machine (important for a small business like mine). Also, the same software system can be used to carve marble with a larger robot.

Robot's rock... And not to forget:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOCmoYU6h1Q
    Lemo

PS:What's the repeatability on this system? Can it match about 5 thou?

Lemo, It is the high accuracy model so +/- 0.15 mm repeatability...not good for a machine shop but way more than we need for sculpture.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2891011