ZBrushCentral

LinuXr17 Zbrush Works

Hi folks

Just started Zbrush a year ago and fall in love with it. Time to post some of my works and share my experience with this wonderful tool. I’m a animation trainee in a small Character Animation Studio in Stuttgart, Germany. (www.mark13.com) My focus is on animation but for small studio reason I started allrounding in the World of 3D. In near future i will also post some animation examples. But here we go with my first still examples.
The First example shows a Fitnesstrainer for a webpage, the second my first subsurface scattering test. The Monster is for a transformation I work actually. The wale was my first zbrush experience with Zbrush2 and a lowpoly mesh /normalmap. The Chameleon will get some animated textures in future.

Hope you like it. Fell free to coment and critizice.

Feelgood02.0 copy.jpg

Attachments

Oldman.jpg

gnom_bg002.jpg

wal_normalmapk.jpg

chameleon_3d_c.jpg

In my free time I wanna do some Transformation Tests. An Old man looks in the mirror and see the monster inside. My free time is rare but i hope i can post my work in progress fast. Critics are always welcome thanks.

Skelett_finish.jpg

Attachments

Skelett_skull_finish.jpg

really like the scattered face of old man, can you shortly tell your procedure to such a well textured model.

congrats.

Here my work in progress of the OldMan Model. I will also do a muscle system that will be visible in animation. Material of skeleton is rendered in XSI just with the cavity map multiply and normalmap of course. The Oldman is still work in progress, fine detail will be done next time.

Hope you like it

Lip_the_pencilboy

HERE IS A GREAT TUTORIAL: http://www.sjdigitalsculptor.com/tutorials1.html

I worked it out in a similar way, without final gathering and hdri. I used 3 spotlights and Ambient Occlusion. also baked the cavitymap from zbrush in my diffuse and specular map.

good work, i think the first image of the old man face is good, maybe i would work more on the hair in ears and eyebrows to make it more refined and you could try some gi lighting, i like the chameleon too, maybe increasing the resolution/detail of the texture and adding some sss could help enhancing the final image, keep it up :slight_smile:

combatmantra: Thanks for your feedback and help. I am not familar with Global Illumination, but maybe I find time doing a final gathering test. To do real skin there is no other way (?) Here are first tests with your shading tipps, Hope you like it. eman"s shader is much faster than the xsi intern and simpler to handle. Thanks:D

[attach=102707]Oldmantest1.1.jpg[/attach]
[attach=102708]Oldmantest2.18b.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Oldmantest1.1.jpg

Oldmantest2.18b.jpg

Hi there. Just post a quick sss test with displacement and normalmap.
No Ambient OCC, Final Gathering, GI, just 3Spotlights and 1 Arealight + HDRI.
Rendered in XSI
Feel free to leave your comments.

[attach=103120]Oldmantest3.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Oldmantest3.jpg

Do you run Zbrush with linux??? Your name suggests so and since I’m not very lucky with running zbrush on wine I’m quite curious if and how you’ve managed that.

Cheers,

Joost

joostbouwer:
Personally I use Linux, but for working business There’s no Alternative for using Windows. LinuX is just part of my nickname, no way to use of zbrush on that os. When you find a way, let my know…:slight_smile:

bugsHi there. I started a new free time projekt with a very special head. Yesterday I find time to do a scribble of my idea. Today I started with the Basemesh Free ZTL Model from Nick Zuccarello. It saves a ton of time, so thx Nick:) Hope you like it. I’m curious about your comments…:smiley:

[attach=103597]surrealhead01.jpg[/attach]
[attach=103598]surrealhead02.jpg[/attach]
[attach=103599]surrealhead03.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

surrealhead01.jpg

surrealhead02.jpg

surrealhead03.jpg

Hi there, I choose after some rethinking to do the head like in my drawing. What do you think. I plan also to do some little animation with him. Hope someone answers…

[attach=104077]surrealhead04.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

surrealhead04.jpg

Still much work to do …:rolleyes:

[attach=104087]surrealhead05.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

surrealhead05.jpg

Hi There. Today I discovered Projection Master again. After ZBrush2 I find no useability for Projection Master. But today I discovered some nice 2.5D Brushes to get correct Modeling for HardEdgeStuff. The Linell-Brush is a great Brush for that… Here my result: Done in 5hours.
[attach=104707]Jugendstilhaus.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Jugendstilhaus.jpg

Heres my update on Mister Beauty. Find some time doing sss in XSI and discoverd once more zbrushs great cavity masking brush features doing specularmap and subdermal. Hope you like it. Next I will do the tongue, hope I find time soon.
Some comments would be great.

[attach=104708]surrealhead06.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

surrealhead06.jpg

Hi there.

Mister Beauty is nearly finished. Actually I started rigging. Hope you like him…
LinuXr17

[attach=113120]SurrealMonster001.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

SurrealMonster001.jpg

Absolutely love this character…
Wow…

Hey!! LinuXr17 your work is look great i like your style great job man!!! :+1: :+1: :+1: