ZBrushCentral

Painting Model

I was playing around with a poser garment, after painting on it I can’t get back to rotate or move, its like its locked in paint mode, evrything about zbrush as far as painting and effects seems to be easy, its the vital basic controls of moving an object that are very impossible with this prog, this is really a pity that the basic functions require one to almost be a rocket scientist. I have’nt all day to sit around and read tutorials, I live a very busy life. Why could’nt pixologics designer put the camera controls like in poser or the other easy progs?

Excuse me Lancelot, if I understand your point:

1. every object you made is already in the tool panel to redraw again
  2. If you want to make color in each object you just press in the Tool> Modifiers> Texture>Colorize and then you have your model to be free painted and resuse then when you needed
  3. Is a good habit to save your tool or object you already create to use whenever your needed, they are saved with all the properties which have when they created.
  4. As an example I recently post a Engine Model that have a lot of part, and worked fine, this ilustrated in the figure I sending witj this post.
  5. In my experience the more rapid way is learn the first first¡¡¡ In every experience in the life the first walk is the most important even in the case we dont have to much time to do something.
    I hope this help you a little and Thanks for your attention.

No , the problem is not painting the object or using the various modeling brushes to change the surface of the object, the problem I am having and am very frustrated with is not being able to get back to the camera controls after using modeling brushes on the surface, I wonder is there a camera control script or ui that would look like poser camera control? I need a move and rotation control that is more basic with not such a high learning curve.

Lancelot: Excuse me and thanks for your attention

I’m not sure I understand either, L… :qu:
I use LightWave, and it has cameras, so I understand that part, but I don’t understand why you are having such a hard time moving your object…
If you are in edit mode, dragging anywhere outside your object will enable you to rotate your object…
If you are not in Edit mode, then the Gyro controls let you do whatever move or rotate or scale things you want…

I don’t think you could call that difficult, much less ‘Rocket Science’…
:confused:

Perhaps the problem is that while in Edit mode, you are choosing a 2D tool…If you want to paint on your model, in Edit mode, just choose ‘Edit-> Draw’…As soon as you choose, say a 2D paintbrush, you are ‘snapshotting’ your model to the canvas…I think THAT is the problem you’re encountering…Try it and let me know.
:cool:

If you are able to keep the garment in edit mode use the Texture Master script to paint up the garment. If you go out of edit mode (that is if you are not using Texture Master to paint the obj) then you will be painting a static image and you will not be able to go back into edit mode to rotate your object. It is different from other programs but far superior once you get the hang of it. Yes there is a learning curve. But if you have been able to import a poser model into zbrush without any complications, you have more than half your battle with the curve figured out already. Good luck on your project.

Thanks for the help Ron… :cool:

I seldom use TextureMaster myself, so I would point out that you can paint in Edit mode right from scratch if you want…
The main point here is that you don’t need a ‘paintbrush’ tool to paint your model…
And if you choose that, or any other tool, you are now automatically out of Edit mode…
:wink:

Also, to clarify one point, there is no camera control in ZBrush…You control the object instead…When you have your object the way you want it, as Andre has pointed out, it is in your tool pallette in its current state…You can work on another model then. When you have your models finished, you clear your screen, and place your models one by one into your scene…
You can then use 2D and 2.5D tools to detail, followed by rendering…
I hope all this is helping, L!
:cool:

Tahnks guys for your help but I am afraid you are over my head, I am not a technical thinker so I am afraid that this program probably is’nt for me, I am a artist who loves to paint on canvas and have’nt time to learn this program, just wanted something I could manipulate poser garments with, all the best, Lancelot

Hello yet again! Given the various questions that you have been asking today, I can’t help but wonder – have you seen the Quick Reference Guide yet? I think that it will help you get over the learning curve much more quickly. :slight_smile:

Hi lancelot
There is no program with a little minimum learning!
I think that Zbrush is one of the more intuitive! (just a little different :slight_smile:
And If you use Texture Master, you will can rotate moving and painting your 3D model !
As in reality!
Have happy Zbrushing!
Pilou