Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Brii, I will share the results of the print for sure!

New Member Follow User Gallery

Cool! Also I just wanted to say Thanks, a few years back when started using Zbrush your blog was a real help

Thanks Brii! Thanks for the kind words! Much appreciated!

Here is a sheet that I put together to show off the first 3D Print we made with the Form1 Printer. It wasn't until it was painted flat grey that I could see the full resolution of the print.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cyborganic_3DPrintSheet_001.jpg 
Views:	465 
Size:	391.6 KB 
ID:	438869  
    Last edited by nickz; 01-07-15 at 05:23 PM. Reason: mispelling

Looks Great. How are you finding the form1? I was going to get one myself but decided on an ultimaker 2 in the end.

Amazing looking sculpt and print!
    how long did it take to print>
    and how much did the print cost in material.
    Did you lose detail after painting?

Lots of questions sorry

That's a beautiful sculpt, and the printed item is is super detailed!

I've heard great things about the Form1, but seeing it in action just take my breath away. Those teeth would have require support rafting or maybe a separate lower jaw if printed using an extrusion-type printer.

LeoAMD - Well this first print was the only print that came out well, we were already in the queue to be upgraded to the Form1+ at the time that we got this printer. I wish they would have just held off and shipped the form1+.
    We wasted a lot of materials with failed prints. As frustrating as it was to have failed prints, it was amazing to see what is possible when the machine is working correctly.

We are just now starting to do some new printing with the Form1+. I'll keep you all informed on the results as they finish up.

I was under the impression that they quality of these (pro-sumer) was a bit higher and the ease of use was more user friendly. Right now it seems like it takes quite a bit to prep the work and get the machines to produce good results.

CookieMonster - I think this was a 30 + hour print. That is because it was printed at the highest resolution for the printer (25 micorns) I thin the material cost was about 15 - 20 dollars for the amount of resin it needed from a bottle that cost about $150.
    It seemed like I gained detail after painting, that is because I printed it hollow and it was a bit thin, so it was rather translucent. After painting it you could see just how much detail was there and I was really happy with the resolution. This was just a test print so I sprayed it wit some cheap paint, when I do a real print and assemble it into a final sculpt I will need to find a very fine spray. (I think I will use my airbrush for that.)

SKWAYS128 - Yeah, I can't wait until the resolution is high enough for no build lines and the machines are a bit easier to use and maintain......it is going to be so cool when the average artist can print and show their own work!
    Some exciting times we live in as artist these days!

Thanks for the info. I had heard that there were some issues with the form1 which (along with it's price tag and cost of materials) is why I decided against it. Although having said that the quality I've seen from the form1 looks second to none and from what I've heard the form1 + is a big improvement with faster speeds and lower failure rates. All they need now is a bigger build platform and I'm sold

Thanks for answering!
    30 hours damnnnnn that is quite a while i thought these laser 3d printers where a lot faster^^ and 20 dollars seems still a lot ,but is offcourse nothing in comparison when you have it printed>
    Well any ways i think the form1 is the only home printer at the moment that does a zculpt justice at the moment ^^

@ Cookie - that time estimate is based off of the Form1, the Form1+ is suppose to cut the build times in half. We are starting a print today. I will see if this time cut is real or not (I hope so....it does take a long time to build these prints.)

I am very curious about the results!,i am looking for a great printer like the form1 especially with double the speed!
    But i heard the chemicals are quite bad>
    Do you know if that is true?

@ Cookie, well, I'm not too sure how "bad" the chemicals are but it is a concern. I think as long as you use rubber gloves and do the work in a well ventalated area you should be good... but I wish I had more information about what these materials do over long term use, the material make up isn't known because it is kept under wraps due to competition. I wish the melted plastic had ths same resolution...I would some how feel better about things.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Hi Nick
    I cannot tell you how I`m happy that I've came across your thread! Those vids you've got on your Vimeo are going to help me a ton.
    So thanks a lot for them and ofc - your sculpts are amazing!
    Looking forward to see more

Cheers
    Michael

Thanks so much for answering these questions!
    Yes the chemicals are a big concern for me,even the plastic printers are toxic when they are printing,not many people seem to know this
    as they have the printer in the same room as there computer,and sit happly next to the fumes while the 3d printer keeps emitting for 12 hours straight