ZBrushCentral

Windmaker's sketchbook

Hello everyone:) My name is Yuriy. I’m still relatively new to ZBrush, but it’s a great program. I decided to make this thread so I can get critique and advice on my models. So far I’ve done primarily studies, and I guess I will continue to do mostly studies since I definitely need to improve my knowledge of anatomy (both human and animal). Also it’s nice when your imagination rests for a while.

So enough ramblings - here are the models.
First is a series of anatomy studies I completed recently. And next is a… dragon… like creature… of sorts. I have no idea what it is, but I like it. I started modelling it in 3DS Max without any idea what exactly I was modelling. So that’s what came out.
I’ve decided to call all those models finished for now, but if you have any comments or suggestions I’d love to hear them.

Thanks for looking.

[Turnaraound01lr.jpg]0041.jpg

Attachments

0011.jpg

0021.jpg

0031.jpg

Turnaraound02lr.jpg

TurnaroundArm01lr.jpg

TurnaroundArm02lr.jpg

TurnaroundLeglr.jpg

looks good so far man! i like your studies and your little creature there. well done

i like your little creature, i think for both pieces you could go heavier into the details and parts. It seems to me like you’re holding back from going to far into the details, which is what most of us do when we are first learning a program. I usually just make a bump for a muslce, then smooth it out to look better instead of slowly trying to build it up. either way could work but think about if you were working with clay or something, you would slab on more than you would need and slowly take some away to get it to how it should look. hope to see more of your stuff in the future.

I totally yoinked the leg and arm pics for anatomical reference… Thanks!

Poor little dragon seems to have lost his wings!