ZBrushCentral

The Human Skin

hi all , ive been trying to make realistic human skin lately... and this is the result ... hope you like it.... rendered in mental ray and modelled in zbrush. Im working on a female now …

used zbrush to make a model and to draw out directly on the model where i wanted to have veines and red spots. I basicly used Zbrush and Photoshop for texturing

that`s all from me, cheers :}

![web_front_all2.jpg|1100x1600](upload://ArX0ONEQwT268B9AHBpWX99HYFX.jpeg)![web_back_all2.jpg|1100x1600](upload://MYVdQgV6naxYlWo2OJ5hIMhW2w.jpeg)![web_mesh-small.jpg|1100x500](upload://yBAfSbkUvNtMWmJjDw0Jlex4gZh.jpeg)![web_small_all2.jpg|1100x1000](upload://hN7V2rw7gW8aVlbNoMbwKwuimVU.jpeg)![ZBC_THUMB2.jpg|100x76](upload://thSXrUcYN4ejw6Z8Olcj45Xbj6A.jpeg)

Attachments

web_front_all2.jpg

web_back_all2.jpg

web_mesh-small.jpg

web_small_all2.jpg

3 Likes

Beautiful. Great model and great render. So realistic and yet painterly at the same time.

I was wondering how much of the material/texture work you did in ZBrush. Did you paint the colour in ZBrush and then create a skin shader in Maya/Max? Could you share how you built the shader?

Wonderful.

W

very nice!

That looks awesome! :smiley:

thanks guys !! … its a 3dmax mental ray render, the material is a very complex combination of material maps and textures. the skin is divided in 2 layers, upper and lower. Each is a specific mix of textures and materials. The small dots, areas where blood collects and veins are on the lower layer.The spots, and pores are generated from a noise texture resembling skin pores. I can post the material settings and everything later if theres interest.

i

wow! Awesome work, dude! I think human skin is one the most difficult CG areas but you have mastered it!

Marco

PS: excellent sculpting work, by the way.

amazing work !
we are interested in your shader, right !

Anatomy is perfect, the skin colour is even better. Love love love the slight asymmetry in this sculpt. Wonderful. Please give us a few pointers on your painting workflow.

Woa! very impressive modeling and texturing work on this. It looks very realistic!

Now please reproduce a female torso with big boobies in a similar fashion :smiley:

/ Max

Impressive skills, very nicely done :slight_smile:

These are great. Nice work. Makes me want to see a full body!

Thanks for sharing,

NickZ. :slight_smile:

great torso.:smiley: :+1: :+1:

Impressive!

PSTCHOART, i don’t remember giving you photos of my torso for reference, but you’ve done a fine job! :lol:

:+1: clearly well done .

this torso anatomy is amung the best i have ever seen. period.

Very good execution.

The assymetry really makes one look the entire piece. Very interesting.

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

yes there is. I am interested. :smiley:

this definitely deserves top row. excellence all around

Very very well done. If I may though, and I feel like I’m going to get into a lot of trouble for critiquing this sculpt, it feels a bit too shiny. It’s almost perfect, but with a few less highlights I think it could be perfect. Very well done though. The actual form is perfect.