ZBrushCentral

Gnomon 10 week zbrush course

I decided to take a 10 week couse at Gnomon for Zbrush 3. I didn’t really know zbrush starting the course, but I have a better knowledge of it now and I aspire to get up to the level of some of the fantastic work that I’ve seen in these forums. I was fortunate to have RYAN KINGSLIEN as my instructor. He is a supermoderator of this forum and works at Pixologic so he knew everything about zbrush. I wanted to show the progress of the work during the course.

Week 1 - modeling 3 heads

Attachments

1.jpg

week 1 - model 3 heads (1st time using zbrush) [attach=87404]1.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

1.jpg

week 2 - model 3 more heads (some improvement) [attach=87405]2.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

2.jpg

week 3 - A model imported from maya and fine tuned in zbrush [attach=87406]3.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

3.jpg

week 4 - using zspheres to create basemeshes [attach=87407]4.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

4.jpg

week 5 - taking one of the zspheres and modeling a lores form [attach=87408]5.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

5.jpg

Hi,your progress is vary fast and nice!

How did you pay for class?

week 7 - more zsphere modeling [attach=87409]7.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

7.jpg

week 8 - gesture poses [attach=87410]8.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

8.jpg

week 9 - used zsphere basemeshes that I created several weeks ago to model these characters [attach=87411]9a.jpg[/attach] [attach=87412]9b.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

9a.jpg

9b.jpg

week 10 - final for class (when I get some time I will color this in) 10.jpg

Hi Zoldax,

I paid for the class using a payment program. They split the payments into 3. Roughly it came to about $550+ every 3 weeks. The total cost of the class is $1650+. Tutorials dvds don’t really sink into my head, it was worth the cost to have a hands on instructor.

I was going to take that class… but it wasn’t the right time for me financially. ( I was still recovering from Christmas) I though Scott Spencer was going to be teaching that class? I really like the posing that you did! Looks like you got that one down! Along with the ZSpheres… The chick walking the dog is awesome!

Are you going to be taken any more class through them? If so, what one?
Excellent progress!

Good stuff. I can see the class was worth it. How does the class work, is it online or onsite?

Hi SixxPixels,

Scott Spencer still teaches several zbrush classes but I think they added another zbrush class because it is so popular, and I believe I was in Ryan’s Kinglien’s first class at Gnomon. I will be skipping the next term to work on my own. But Scott Spencer teaches two additional 5 week courses in advanced zbrush, focusing on texturing and anatomy which I will probably take later.

Hi AA-ron,

The class I took was onsite 3 hour class, 1 day a week for 10 weeks.
They do have a zbrush online course with Scott Spencer. But it costs the same as the onsite course: $1650. For that price I would rather go in person unless you are living far away from Gnomon.

Hi oryes

I think it,s not very expensive! But i’m very far from gnomon! :cry: so maybe i buy a gnomon dvd! :stuck_out_tongue:

Will you pay 1650$ agine for your next class?
And
Did you buy gnomon’s dvd?how is it?

Sorry for my bad english!

Thanks for your infos.

Hi Zoldex,

I am skipping this term to work on my own stuff, and save money to pay for my new macbookpro. But in the summer I will probably take Scott Spencer’s Zbrush courses for anatomy and texturing. Each of those 5 week courses are $860.

I haven’t bought any of the DVD’s but I have downloaded some tutorials from www.gnomonology.com. Zach Petroc has a really good one on anatomy and there are a bunch of tutorials I haven’t yet seen by other great artists. But watching these tutorials before the class didn’t really sink in, now I think I will go back and rewatch them.

hey guys if you can take the casses and buy the dvds! i went through the gnomon program a few years ago and it is well worth it! scott spencer was my boss and i have taken Ryans classes in 04 and worked with him as a beta tester, i have also worked with zack on projects as well. these guys are the best! not to mention nice people, so if ou can take their classes in person it gives you a chance to pick their brain! if not definitly get the dvd. i have been in the indusry for a couple of years and still refer to them. If this is what you want to do i highly recomend you get to know these guys. They are great guys and good teachers clases or dvds its win win!

Hi oryes!
I think anatomy and texture are very important so keep your many for your next class! :wink:
Will you teach me anatomy and texture after your class? :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks ane byebye