ZBrushCentral

Beloved Creature

Here is my newest work i did this with a photo reference i didnt turned out how i like it but i decided to share this with you im going to add detalils later and render it with 3ds max C&C are wellcomed :

Photo Reference :

Lumoth__quot_Character_Sketch_quot__by_Beloved_Creature.jpg

Attachments

belovedcreature3.jpg

belovedcreature5.jpg

belovedcreature.jpg

belovedcreature6.jpg

belovedcreature2.jpg

very good :smiley:

WoW amazing im sure when you render it in 3ds max it will more better this is just amazing.Did you do that with zspheres.

Yes i did this with zspheres its just amazing what you can do with them.

I’d say work on the face and really define the points of articulation. I’ve had more than a few of my pieces own art ruined because the elbows and knees look curvy and week. Also, create some weird shapes. Look at the pecs on the reference, they’re oddly-shaped and bony. This is part of what makes it look interesting. More muscle work would help as well. Show the areas where one muscle meets another and how they fold over and under. Just an overall greater variety in mass would be more interesting looking. The lower legs are also too short, and that’s throwing the look off.

Thanks for the comments :smiley:

This is amazing i like it very much

you guys are too nice sometimes…its a good start, but id advise you lower the subd level and go back and sculpt in some more form (arms, legs, knees)…the face also needs a lot of attention. Make sure to capture the defining features such as the long nose and sunken chin. keep it up, this project will look very cool at the end.

Try doing 1 sublevel at a time. Set your self a poly limit, something like 50k, and dont go over it until it looks indentical to the guy on the painting.

[Edited by moderator]

There is really no need for that, slocik. It needs some significant work, and perhaps a fresh start wouldn’t be a bad idea, but I think we’ll all be a bit more productive if we keep the criticism constructive.

lol dude you dont have to be such a ******* i just started zbrush like one week ago I understand im not good but im just a beginner Im sure you didnt know how to do better than me when you started modeling. *******

I think you guys are missing the whole point of this forum, you post your work so ppl can rate it and say if they like it or not, or help you with improving your piece. I dont care if you started a week ago or 10 years ago, im giving my thoughts on what im seeing. I was the most constructive person (besides UncleDamfee)in this thread, i said that he schould focus on lov poly lvls only if he dosnt know how to do this.

I work part time as a teacher and one thing I understand more than most is that it is far harder to successfully criticise someones work than it is to actually do the work itself. I for one am getting very tired of seeing and reading destructive ill informed and negatuive critiscisms on this site.

I for one look to the positive in everything I review. If I see nothing, I keep my mouth shut.

This image is inspired.

Excellent

wtf ?!?! why was my post delated and my provious post was moderated? Since when does this forum get censored ? I didnt write anything that could offend anyone, and it was about the work in this thread ? So what, now im gonna look like the idiot who had to be silenced by the moderator ? this is bull**** ;/

I understand you’re a beginner and all, and it really made me laugh to see 2 people put this in the amazing category.

It’s not amazing at all, but with a lot of work and dedication, you and Zbrush have the power to make this look just like the concept. Keep at it, doing a full character while learning a program is not easy.

JesseGraffam

I understand you’re a beginner and all, and it really made me laugh to see 2 people put this in the amazing category.

For me this is amazing becouse im just startet zbrush and dont know how to work good with it.I would rather say to this amazing then to the proffesionalists work that uses Zbrush for 4-5 years. Im sure that he just started zbrush and he said that he is not finished with the model im sure that he just wanted to show us the process of what he is doing and Im sure that there will be a update with corrections dont be soo rude Guys Becouse EVRY ONE WAS A BEGINNER.

So ManDarK… asked me to model the model myself and post it here, so i did. Heres my take on the concept. 1mln polys, made in 2-3 hours from a base human model with the hands and legs delated ;] Maybe i will detail it up ,and texture it one day, who knows ;][sad monster.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘86675’,‘ZBrush Document.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

ZBrush Document.jpg