ZBrushCentral

Pixologic Release: SubTool Master (updated 3/28/08)

[attach=86318]STM-2.jpg[/attach]

Today we are releasing SubTool Master, a new ZBrush plugin that gives you greater control over your SubTools.

SubTool Master allows you to mirror, duplicate, merge, export all your subtools at once, fill all your subtools with color and/or materials and many other things!

Download here

Installation Instructions:

1. Download SubTool Master to hard drive
  2. Unzip the zip file to your ZBrush3\ZStartup\ZPlugs folder.
  3. Make sure that your unzipping program preserves the folder structure of the plugin otherwise it will not work. (In Winzip this is the ‘use folder names’ option. In WinRar check ‘use relative paths’ in the Advanced options.)
The zip contains:

1. SubToolMaster.zsc - the plugin file
  2. SubToolMaster_readme.txt - a text file version of these instructions
  3. SubToolMasterData - the plugin data folder which contains:[list=1]
  4. ZFileUtils.dll - the dll file
  5. UILeft.txt - rename this file if you want the UI on the righthand side of the canvas
  6. File|SubTM-button.psd - the plugin button icon
  7. File|ButnPic.psd - the popup button icon + 18 jpg image files

[/list]Launch (or restart) ZBrush. You should now have a SubTool Master subpalette in the ZPlugin palette, containing the SubTool Master button and the Save ZTool button.

Documentation:

Happy ZBrushing:),

The Pixologic Team

Note: Current version of SubTool Master is 1.2G.

[[attach=86319]icon.jpg[/attach]]icon.jpg

Also released recently is Transpose Master

[attach=86325]transposemaster.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

STM-2.jpg

transposemaster.jpg

Great!! :+1:

Thank you , going to try that out right away.
It’s funny , i was just talking about a tool like that today in the questions forum. :slight_smile:

edit : tested it out , everything seems to work fine , a fine toolset expansion. One issue : either i missed it , or you cant. A way to keep those extra options onscreen and available while doing other operations. Like an extra palette.

Boomshakalaka… starts zbrush straight away ! :slight_smile:

edit: NO WAY! :smiley:

oh man, this is great! gonna try it out right now.

Another great plugin!
It’s working great, and Subtool managment is now even easier. Mutli-append and Duplicate functions are awesome.

Chris.

Excellent exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!!

Woww!! This subtool will definitely be my favouritee!! thank you thank you guyss!! Really great plugin!!

-Fabian

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you…

I just fell of my chair, i really did. I have got all clammy and am about to download it. Wow, really couldn’t of arrived at a better time. I love you guys lol :o

Arran

Thank you, the tool is great. I know I sound like an ungrateful noob, but is there a way that it can be a palette and kept visible to make changes to other subtools? Thanks, great add-on to an already great program.

Ah excellente! :+1: :sunglasses:

Cool plugin
Had a weird thing where it would not Reconstruct Subd back after you merge but I then after trying it a few times it suddenly snapped out of it and now works. (weird)

And I ran the test like 3 times the same way every time but all of a sudden Walla no more problems.

So if you cant reconstruct sub d try it a few times;)

Thanks for the plugin.

really great tool…
much appreciated :smiley:

This is really nice, thanks a lot!

One thing I think would be a great addition though would be to have a “colorize” and “uncolorize” button. It’s a pain to go through all the subtools and turn that on/off. I set up a zscript to do it, which is nice, but i have to make a new one for each different model I make since it seems to use the layer names.

Maybe i’ve misunderstood something, but twice now when i’ve done the merge command with delete selected its not deleting the original subtools.

yeah cool!

Even more control with subtools!

Awsome!:+1: :+1: :+1:

Great Job~~!thanks

awesome! Wow big thanks…this will make my workflow a bit less tedious :slight_smile:

Does it do anything different than standard save? Description is little vague on this.