ZBrushCentral

Pixologic Release: Reset Brush - a plugin for ZBrush 3.1 (updated 2/25/08)

[attach=84529]ResetBrushPic.jpg[/attach]

Reset Brush makes it easy to use your own custom brush settings or reset brushes to their correct alphas and other settings.

:large_orange_diamond: Reset brushes any time they need it
:large_orange_diamond: Store new custom settings without overwriting ZBrush’s default brushes
:large_orange_diamond: Load custom settings each session with a single button press

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Install the plugin and restart ZBrush.

2. Load a model and enter Edit mode.

3. If you wish, make changes to the default brushes. For example, you might want to set the Smooth Brush Z Intensity to 50.

4. Press the Reset Brush button at the top of the Brush palette. The first time the button is pressed after installation the brush settings are stored. This only happens once, though you can store new settings at any time.

5. If for some reason you wish to reset a brush, select it and press the Reset Brush button.

6. To reset all brushes, Shift+click the Reset Brush button. Do this at the start of a ZBrush session to load your preferred settings.

7. To store new settings, Shift+click the Reset Brush button and choose Store New Settings from the options.

Installation

Unzip the zip file to your ZBrush3\ZStartup\ZPlugs folder.

Make sure that your unzipping program preserves the folder structure of the plugin otherwise it will not work. (In Winzip this is the ‘use folder names’ option. In WinRar check ‘use relative paths’ in the Advanced options.) See the attached image for the correct folder structure.

The zip contains:

ResetBrush.zsc - the plugin file

ResetBrushData - the plugin data folder which contains:
ZFileUtils.dll - the dll file
TempCurve.zcv
BrushData.zsc
ResetBrushBack.jpg
ResetBrushData_folder.txt

Restart ZBrush. You should now have a Reset Brush button under the Clone button in the Brush palette.

Updated to include Smoothing Curve : February 16 2008

The Smoothing Curve is actually independent of the individual brushes (it’s not saved when saving a brush to disk) but this update will restore the curve when the Smooth brush is selected or when resetting all brushes.

[attach=84530]thumb.jpg[/attach]

I hope you find Reset Brush useful.

Attachments

ResetBrushPic.jpg

thumb.jpg

Folder_structure.jpg

Fantastic! Now I don’t need to restart zbrush when I destroy my brush! Haha. Thanks for this!

Marcus thank you for this i’m sure it will come in handy, not to mention for all the people who post wanting this sort of thing every other day;)

Once you get zbrush to:

1. Make toast.
  2. Brew coffee.
  3. Play DVD’s
  4. Start the car.

Then you may consider yourself finished.

In the meantime…

Extreme gratitude, as usual

Marcus- Another great job

Bicc39- LOL

…and you wonder why I love this forum

marcus another great plugin … thanks man

Thank you Marcus :+1: :+1:

Thanks for this Marcus. The first thing I do when I start zbrush is to adjust the smooth brush down to about 15 and adjust i’ts smoothing curve. This is a needed time saver. Thanks again. :smiley:

Oh this is perfect thanks <3 I’ll install it when I get to work on monday.

I second the; zbrush now makes coffee idea :wink:

Many Thanks Marcus!

Cheers

Ralf Stumpf

Thank you for this great plugin.

Thanks M.C. ! (Must stand for Master Coder):+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Ditto. I also spend the first 3 minutes in the program adjusting the new smooth brush back into some kind of usuable form, as well as depowering some of the other brushes for more subtle effect. If this works as advertised, it will be a godsend.

Thanks Marcus!

Fills a desperate need! Thanks Marcus… :smiley:

Sven

Somebody stop this guy! He’s making better and better plugins! Soon he’ll be powerful enough to make ZB sculpt on its own! WE’LL ALL BE OUT OF A JOB!! EXTINCT!!! SOMEBODY!!! PLEEEASE!!!

It’s like ZB kept fulfilling everything we really need and nothing that we don’t.
Thanks marcus! Just what I needed. A way to save brush presets and load them at will!

Thanks for the comments guys. :slight_smile:

Small update to include the Smoothing Curve. Reset it when the Smooth Brush is selected or Reset All (with or without the curves option).

Ah! this is going to really help! thank you!

very useful plugin! can’t wait to install it when i get home! thanks!

Thats gonna be a great helper. thanks for this one, marcus! :slight_smile:

froyd

Thank you Marcus!