ZBrushCentral

Dragonball Sculpt [I. SSJ Goku] [II. Freeza]

This is a tribute to Dragonball which i have been fascinated with since young.
This sculpt has been my personal project for learning Zbrush 3, and the experience was FUN!
My goal was to create an authentic looking sculpt that could rival the ones professionally produced.

Its base mesh was created in Max, then sculpted in detail with Zbrush, Zapplinked with PS, and finally brought back to Max for rendering with Vray.

All C&C are welcomed

** 05feb update - added some wip on page 2TengChiaDBZ_SSJ_Goku_wire.jpgTengChiaDBZ_SSJ_Goku_front.jpgTengChiaDBZ_SSJ_Goku_back.jpgTengChiaDBZ_SSJ_Goku_zbrush.jpgZBC_THUMB5.jpg

damn, incredible
dragon ball is a hard subject, you can easly do something bad in 3d with toryama art. you are an exeption :slight_smile:

the render looks fantastic, what render engine did you use ?

very good work :+1:

awesome :smiley:

fantastic sculpt! it really is the best 3d representation of goku i’ve seen :slight_smile: and it looks exacly like the anime as well! very well done :slight_smile:

wow. very nice !!!

Man, that’s incredible! Model anime figures is not easy, and you made a really great job. I think you deserve a top row for this work. Congrats!

Wow!!! Awesome dude…one of the most classic characters ever. Nice. Would love to see some pics of the sculpt process…

absolutely beautiful sculpt!!! i havent seen an anime character look so good in zbrush. if you can a walkthrough would be great!

5 stars from me

Very Impressive! :grimacing:

no comment 5 stars

Awesome work!!!

Great! :+1:

It honestly looks like a real figurine… and not of those cheap crappily made figurines. This one’s a top row for me.

5 stars

very well done. Nice renders

bloody insane rendering! :+1:

:grimacing: Awesome! I would like to know how you did the lighting setup, Thats really amazing! Congrats! :+1:

awesome,one of those classic characters,love it,the render looks amazing
cheers

looks great. Good job and keeing that db feel. I like the clay screenshots more than the textured ones, they show off the detail of the sculpt that one misses in the final.

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Great work! Dragonball is one of my favourite char since young too. You totally nailed it very well! Exceptional render too! Please make the more dragonball characterrr…!! This just made my day! Thanks for sharing that!

-fabian