ZBrushCentral

WIP - Dino head

dino1.jpg hi sirs.
this head is still in progress. i need your critics to start improving it. no painting. just a try. i dont know as well what dinossaur this is, but… anyways…
i started in ZB jus 2 weeks ago so i am premature in this program.
i did in maya the whole body, but wanted to try just the head.
please, C&C are wellcomed.
regards

Excellent start man ! The corners of the mouth look a bit cut off modelling wise, though. They could use some more organic shapes and defined thickness. And maybe you could get a little more definition in the ridge on top of the neck, too. It looks a bit too crusty. Other than that this is already looking good. Can’t wait to see the textured model.

jk.

for someone who just started zbrush, i have to say you have a good handle on it definitely! you really pushed those polys around! the details look great, but it looks like you’ve done them from memory (you’re obviously an artist) and not from photos.

take another shot on your base mesh with some photo refs of reptiles, and try making some of your own alphas. also, i noticed you pulled the teeth right out of the head mesh. i think it would be much more believable if you made them a separate, simple obj in maya, then brought them into zb as a subtool, then, you could really have some fun sculpting the gums and teeth and put them into this guy.

great job learning the tool man! :+1:

I agree with industripop.
You couldnt have better advice.
Take some reference, and you will improve.

Try to determine which dinosaur you wanna do, or make your own species, but if you have some ideas and goals, it would make your life lot more easier.

Keep pushin those pixols.

thanks all…

yes, i didnt have references to be based from.
from yesterday to today, i noticed some crusties corners on neck, mouth, neck, as campi said and i should have made the gums and teeth from a separate piece. thank you, men!!!
it was my anxiety to start sculpting.
i will do the whole body now with care and some repitile pics around
thanks again!