ZBrushCentral

My 3D Sketching Stuff (nudity)

This thread will be for my 2-4 hour 3D sketches. I had some time last night between projects and tried my second alien head. I tried for an older alien look, but he needs more aging.

Approx. 3 hours. Most of that time was just trying to figure out the general shape I wanted for his head. He needs more work around his eyes and ears…

Alien2.jpg

I like the way you made the muscles in its neck, nice :+1:

This is a cool character! :wink:

Awsome work 5*:+1:
It has such a good head shape . and some superb details

in what level of subdivision is ?

:slight_smile:

what material is it ?

Thanks

Thanks guys!

Memling, it’s a quad shader material I made for ZBrush 2 a while back but updated for version 3. Still working out some issues with it, though.

I’m not that good with keeping up with this thread, but I’m going to make an effort to update this more often.

I was messing around with my old copy of ZBrush 2 and trying to figure out why some of my materials didn’t work in ZBrush 3.

I did this quick horse head 3D sketch and put one of my favorite ZB2 mats on it. I’m going to try to figure out how to get this ZB2 mat to work in ZB3 and hopefully make it look the same… I’ll upload the mat in a collection if I’m successful.

I should give credit to where it’s due. This was an overhaul of one of Jantim’s sweet mats from years ago.

HorseRend2.jpg

Quick 3D sketch? :slight_smile:

The rusty material looks awesome…!!!:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Great works here KrakenCMT… and the rust material looks awesome…is it MatCap? :sunglasses: :+1:

Agreeing with the above! :+1: !

great to see some more work from you, i don’t know how you make such cool materials, ive been struggling with getting a good skin material, clearly you’ve enslaved a material creating gnome…can you you show us how to creat a skin material in a tutorial?

Solid, the material is made from the quad shader. It’s actually a revamp of Jantim’s ZB2 metal shader from a few years ago. It might be possible to do a ZB3 version as a matcap combined in a doubleshader with another basic material, but I’m not sure. I still have to see if I can get this rusty iron material to work in ZBrush 3. These renders of the horse head were done in ZBrush 2.

Threetails, I’ll be uploading a set of materials soon. Some quad shaders and some matcaps. The skin shader I used for Nerve will be included. I’ll try to get a small tutorial together for it as well. It works well for various lighting situations, but the light settings (such as aperture and the intensity curve) really effect the translucent look of it as well, so I’ll try to explain everything when I upload it all. :slight_smile:

Here’s a couple other angles of the horse head.

HorseRend1.jpg

That mat rocks:+1:

I agree, that material is awesome! great rusty material. Do you think you could share it with us please ? i’d love to try it out on my models.

/ Max

Been wanting to do more 3D sketching lately. Here’s the latest one. The concept was from a pencil sketch I did a couple years ago. About 3 hours for this one.

Alien1.jpg

Attachments

Alien2.jpg

Hi KrakenCMT! Thanks for posting! Cool sculpt! Thanks for mentioning how long it took you, everytime I start a quick sketch the time starts sliding and I always end up finishing after a few hours, rather than 30 or 40 minutes. I don’t know how some of the other guys can sculpt so fast. :+1: !

Just a quick half hour sculpt of a frag grenade. I’ve been playin’ way too much Halo 3 lately… :lol:

NadesDoc.jpg

Halo rocks!

Great sculpts Kraken! And thanks for posting your matcaps, they are great, I have great use of them :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
Did you used projection master to make those frags??

bryzol, Nope. Just masked off a grid pattern and inflated, then used a couple ship hull patterns to make the thing a bit more interesting. I’m thinking about modeling a Battle Rifle to go with it. :cool:

sung to the Beetles tune “All you need is 'nades and a BR…” :lol: