ZBrushCentral

Material/Color of toolrepresentation in Tool-tray

For some new plugins I’m working at I would like to be able to temporarily change the Red Wax-material/color of the little toolimages and popup-toolimage into FastShader/white. So the polypainted colors are visible on a white background.

Would that be possible?

Greetings, EddyL

You would need to fill the mesh with a suitable white material using Color:Fill Object with just Draw:M on. Then when you wanted the model to take on the default selected material (i.e. Red Wax) again you would need to repeat the fill with the Flat Color material. You’d have to be sure that the user had not polypainted using material as well as color though, because any painting of material would be destroyed.

Hi Marcus,

As you can see at the Plugin-forum I have uploaded a new plugin: ‘LayerPaint’.
You will certainly discover many of your good answers on my many questions lately. So I hope that you will come to the conclusion that your concise helping gives a pay off for the ZB-community! :lol:

BTW. Here comes another question: In uploading the plugin, I definitely uploaded the first jpg.pictures that can now not be seen on the forum. I don’t know why, maybe there is a constraint on the number of pictures that can be uploaded in a thread?
A different problem is my beautifull ReadMe files with a clear explanation of the different parts of the plugin; ofcourse with many illustrations.
The file is in zip to big for upload. How do people on the forum handle this restriction?

Greetings, EddyL

Eddy,

Thanks, I’m very happy to help and it looks like a very interesting plugin.

I took a look at the post and the images seem to have disappeared. I can’t think why this should be. There is a limit for each post (of about 400K I think) but your images all seem to be ok. Edit your post and upload the missing images again - you will need to re-insert them into the post but it should work OK.

For larger files, most people find an file-sharing site and provide a link. How big is the readme file? I may be able to reduce it for you.