ZBrushCentral

script suggestion - mask grow / shrink

I’m not in any way a zbrush script writer, but thought it would be a great idea if it was possible to have a script that could grow or shrink a mask similar to maya’s grow/shrink selection. It seems it would be a lot faster than what you have to do to mask areas now.

I’m just wondering if anyone has made a script like this already, and would like to share, or has thought this would be a useful tool too.

would be a very usefull script!

I don’t believe this would be possible through scripting, but i may be wrong.
There are numerous ways within zbrush to mask, which are far better than the grow/shrink method of other apps, one way which is close however is the topological masking. I admit zbrush’s methodology is different and sometimes opposite from what we are used to but for myself after finally becoming comfortable with z, i find my workflow sped up much more than in other apps, in fact its become cumbersome to even go back to them and attempt modeling, they seem clumsy, although i guess it all depends on how your brain works. Don’t give up on zbrush’s strange ways of doing stuff, you may find that it makes you think outside the box, which i personally love.
Remember there is masking by selection, topological, hiding/selecting, polypaint convert to masking. there are also options for sharpening or smoothing your mask, as well as the blend option.

Spaceboy is right that it is not currently possible to grow or shrink a mask using zscripting.

Thanks for the replies, I keep practicing with the current setup and see if things get better.

If anyone is still interested I found a good plugin (nick tools), also with the function to grow a mask, you find it here:
http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97168&page=3
check for updates cause the author often releases new versions

Thanks so much Letio!

For those who would rather subscribe here on ZBC here is the link:
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?167639-My-Zbrush-Plugin!/page3