ZBrushCentral

Kudu Charge

Hi all, this is my first thread here.
This is a sculpt of a Kudu, a large African antelope, detailed and textured in ZB. It was done for the ‘Animals in Motion’ challenge over at CGTalk.

WIP Thread

I used Cinema 4D and Modo to create a simple base mesh. I decided to use ZBs AUVs instead of creating a pelt map for this one. This resulted in spending quite a bit more time texturing via ZAppLink to get to Photoshop. The model was finally brought back into C4D, with displacement and textures, to be rendered. The hair was created in Cinema 4D.

Here a few renders without textures.

![kuduzbc1.jpg|1000x948](upload://1elmPUc8XpYqAqiZXGRkYWQEgSV.jpeg)![KuduBWRside.jpg|882x822](upload://eKVtTqEuz21k5uNLobMooyazFdk.jpeg)![kuduzb4.jpg|800x1515](upload://nlQJ37IbnPJh3rfP74IQLQl7FwA.jpeg)![icon1.jpg|100x76](upload://fuNhhCCKkZNIwUk7ArKCm6KtDCz.jpeg)

very good work,i like it. :+1:

Great job on taking first in the challenge, Quadart! Beautiful work!

Hello Quadart,

your model is just drop dead gorgeous! Outstanding modeling and texture - the hair is great too!

I am new to this media - does cinema represente the best option for hair modeling and rendering? I understand it is still difficult to master in 3D world…

Helios :+1:

rodion vlasov— Thanks.

KrakenCMT— Thanks. The Greyhounds you entered in that challenge are outstanding.

Thanks.
I’m not familiar with Hair plugins or modules in other 3d apps, just Cinema 4D.
Working with C4D’s Hair module can be a wrestling match at times. It can be a bit sluggish too on my dual 2.7 gb G5. I do like what you can do with it. A little patience is required. I’m no master of it either and haven’t used it much. By the way, the grass was done with Hair as well.

Nice work. :+1:

man, that’s a really impressive model! you’re right about that C4D hair module. i’ve had a hard time using that thing. looks like you’ve got the hang of it though! :+1:

definitely gets my 5 stars.

well what can I say?! Fantastic :slight_smile:

Great work man. The textures and material are spot on.

Quadart,

Excellent piece, enjoyed looking at this a while ago on the other site and still enjoy it now. Excellent quality, keep up the great work! :+1: :+1:

Damn nice work man!

I saw this over at CGTalk- and I gotta say, its one of my favorite works I’ve ever seen. I love the gesture of it. I just looked at the WIP again- very impressive. Thank you for posting it.

It is hard to object to much here because I love animals, this is one of my favorites and is an excellent choice, execeuted well . I think that experimentation in the angle of his body could make this more breath taking than it is. I don’t know of any films or photos of these creatures in motion but i believe that a more diagonal line for the trunk will add more life to it , and is possibly more realistic as well.
JOHN F

That is incredible… I also like the weird posterized backround, how did produce the changing colour pattern in the background?
again great image.

Gray K

:smiley:

EXCELLENT
WONDERFUL
AMAZING

Great work, I’m touch :o

5 stars for me

Best All

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: This is truly impressive.

I was just looking over your texturing technique over at the CG Society. Do you suppose a similar method could produce a decent bumpmap?

you have captured the animals movement successfuly, the amount of detail and texturing is also amazing.Top work:+1:

Fabulous…:+1: :+1: :+1:

really amazing … 5 stars

wowwwww !! … this is awesomely realistic, and what a beautiful animal !!