ZBrushCentral

Orc Bust

Started this orc bust yesterday. Let me know what you guys think.

It looks pretty good. But it seems like his shoulders are too wide for this kind of head

You’re right. The shoulders are too wide for a skinny head like that. Thanks for the tip!

I like the shoulders actually, I mean, anatomically, yes they are too wide, but it’s an orc, and I don’t think orc’s are anatomically correct anyways. Keep up the great work!!

good start … keep it up

Thanks nightwoodwolf and Pittgilman.

Here’s a little update. This time in perspective view.

Hi Maxmate . The shoulders are looking way better .:+1:

Thanks gtiber!

I made some changes. I think it’s pretty ready for fine detail.
[attach=81497]orc03zq9.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

orc03zq9.jpg

Clean and sharp modeling, I like it, it’s a very typical orc and i don’t mean that in a bad way. Keep the last shader you used , it does it more justice.:+1:

Thanks!

I decided to change this guy quite drastically and started detailin.
orc3lt0.jpg

LOL, just fooling around. Didn’t even save these changes, although it looks kinda cool:D
[attach=81509]orc8iz9.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

orc8iz9.jpg

looks good. Not diggin the nose rings though.

Started texturing. This is still very very WIP so let me know what you think.
[skin.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘81810’,‘flat.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

flat.jpg

Made some changes to the texture. The shader doesn’t give very accurate picture of the texture. Maybe I’ll post a picture with flat shader later.
[orcie dorkie.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘81894’,‘orcie dorkie.jpg’,1,0))

looks good, only comment i have is that it looks a bit too wet and the details on the eyes aren’t visible…

looks good. Now lets see another render with less dramatic lighting.

You just kicked ass 100%

Thanks!

I have some stupid problem with displacement. The map is a huge mess in 3ds max. I can’t figure out what causes this, so HELP!! :cry: And YES, I flipped it.
[attach=81983]sfsffsfyd6.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

sfsffsfyd6.jpg

Never tried the displacement process in Max but this Looks like one million little AUVs, how many polys in your base mesh? Flip it again (just in case) and maybe try laying out your uvs in Max… Its really hard to see whats going on.

Nice model by the way.

Hi there Maxmate. Cool work you are doing :+1:. About the disp map, I think it´s not max problem. You export the disp map from zbrush as a psd or tiff… Well don´t know why but it causes trouble with max. You have to take that disp map into photoshop and resave it as a png or other. Png is the one I use and it works pretty well. Then in max use this disp.png for the displacement. Hope this helps. Keep it up body :wink: