ZBrushCentral

Making of "Sunday Night Fright"

[attach=78490]ScaredSillyWinner3.jpg[/attach]

As most of you know, the Scared Silly contest was a terrific success. Everyone who participated had a lot of fun and learned a lot in the process! For those of us who couldn’t participate directly, it was still great to watch the many entries unfold.

Today we’re pleased to bring you the first of three “Making Of” articles, written by the winners. This week we present Gregory Callahan, who’s previous contributions at ZBC have included Buckle Bunny, and Bedford Blues.

Congratulations, Gregory, for your terrific entry!

[attach=78491]Concept.jpg[/attach]

[attach=78492]StartingPoint.jpg[/attach]

[attach=78493]Background.jpg[/attach]

[attach=78494]Details.jpg[/attach]

[attach=78495]Color.jpg[/attach]

[attach=78496]RenderComp.jpg[/attach]

[attach=78497]13.jpg[/attach]

Be sure to stay tuned next week and the week following as we present the other two “Making Of” features! :slight_smile:

ScaredSillyWinner3-icon.jpg

Attachments

ScaredSillyWinner3.jpg

Concept.jpg

StartingPoint.jpg

Background.jpg

Details.jpg

Color.jpg

RenderComp.jpg

13.jpg

great work and well deserved winner, thanks for the making of aurick :+1:

Nice overview. Thank you for the insight, and congrats to Mr. Callahan for the win. Well deserved!

I agree, a very well deserved win! I was watching this thread as it came along, and its really amazing how much you accomplished with the constraints:cool:

Thanks for the WIP thread, I absolutely love this image. The blood bags on Drac’s head are priceless.

*edit: I had a question but then realized this was thread wasn’t posted by the artist so question removed.

Feel free to ask questions in this thread. Or you can ask in Gregory’s original WIP thread at http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=52175

I’m so happy you won one of the places, Gregory. I loved this image just since the concept sketch, and I was very happy as you started the 3d work to see that you have the skill to make your sketch come to life (of course this was before I realized you were the Buckle Bunny artist, which I also was totally in love with). I think I speak for many other participants when I say it was an honor to lose to this piece. Great job, and nice step by step.

very nice Thread. thank for share this. :smiley:

Bravo! :sunglasses: :+1: :+1: I really liked Drac’s blood hat!

Thanks all for the kind compliments!
I know I didn’t cover everything in this “Making of” article, so if you have any other question feel free to post them or PM me.

Thanks Slosh! I really enjoyed seeing your piece come together too. Yours was one of my favorite concepts. If this contest was judged off of use of Zbrush and WIP threads yours would have been top 3 for sure! :wink:

So, when are we going to see the other 2 entries? I’m curious to see what Brutikong (Alex) and Ralf Stumpf have to show us.

I got busy with some other projects, but am working on getting Ralf’s out today. :slight_smile:

Ho! Man how did I miss this! :eek:

Nice to see your process sasquatchpoacher! this was by far (in my mind anyway) the best entry in the comp. So much detail, and very funny hidden gags! I was very inspired to see this one come to life and it was a VERY well deserved top three. Well done!

I second what Slosh said, all the way!

-Dusty :wink:

great! u deserved the win man :+1: and thanks for sharing ur process…

it is really silly and funny the expressions r great

It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks

great work there man. I liked it a lot and the lighting is very cool