Member Follow User Gallery

Lightbulb "local mesh" and "insert connector mesh" request

I have a request for all of you who can script:

Would it be possible, to just improve the function of the ZSphere insert "local mesh" and "insert connector mesh"... so, instead of changing each connector or each ZSphere by hand, (one by one) the script will allow the change to occur to all the ZSphere or to all connector at once?

in an other word, it will be kind of mass copy of an object in the position of the ZShpere. the interesting part is that you have a rig attach to it... plus other goodies: stick to the surface of underlaying object, can have as many object as you have point in the models (thanks to rigging mode)...

Thanks in advance for the thought you gone put on it.

Manu

Moderator Follow User Gallery

Manu,

I'm not sure how workable this would be. I think you would have problems if you tried to use rigged meshes. Also, the ZSphere zscript commands have some limitations at the moment which could make things difficult from a scripting point of view.

That's not to say that it's not a nice idea. I have thought before that it might be possible to use zspheres and 'local mesh' to produces arrays of objects along a path. It would be useful for many situations.

If I ever get any free time I will take a look at it!

Member Follow User Gallery

marcus ,

Thanks for the answer. I m glade that you find the idea interesting.
    And i hope you find some free time...

Good luck