ZBrushCentral

Extra's WIP thread.

Thought I’d post a thread to post my current experiments, results, trials and interesting images made by playing around with Zbrush.

I end up doing so much random stuff in a week that I’m sure somebody somewhere can find some of this stuff of interest.

Here’s a boot:

Boot-Render.jpg

I’ve done more work to her since I captured the image, adding skirts, but got distracted learning how to pose meshes using Rastaman’s tutorials lately to finish her. I made this mesh and it’s subtools and realized I would have to pose it using transpose (which I do not like, I love the old way of moving using the roto tool, wish transpose worked like the move,scale,rotate of the old days) so I decided to learn how to make a zsphere rig and pose meshes and it worked out very well for me. No images of that yet, but eventually.

My gf couldn’t figure out what was on the back of her head, and just in case, they’re gigantic pigtails heh.

I’ll keep depositing any interesting images I come up with here, feel free to ask if you have questions etc…

*Disclaimer: The matcaps are from various wonderful people here on the boards, haven’t got around to making my own yet.

Attachments

Gallant-Pilot.jpg

Gallant-Comp.jpg

Gallant-Painted-Comp.jpg

Archer-first-comp.jpg

i really like these, its a fresh style, im very impressed! keep up the good work, its very worthwhile!

Yari, thank you, much obliged :slight_smile:

Here’s another little craft I worked on last night before bed:

[Kaloscompone.jpg]

Little two seater “around town” kind of ship. No weapon systems or anything heh, just a little cruiser.

Probably won’t work on the figure in my last post until awhile, (the anime style girl) as the poly count on the subtools is rising too high for my PC to handle. Only 1g of ram here. Getting some more around new year, 4 gigs, so I’ll finally be able to handle more polys! Bought a new mobo a little while ago with a nice processor, and slowly upgrading components to help with handling the 3d stuff I’d like to work with.

Made a “blob” mesh in a program called Shapeshop to try it out, then brought the base shape over to Zbrush to play with it. Duplicated and mirrored it then came up with another vehicle:

[Terviche-render-2.jpg]Terviche-Ragtop.jpg

The wheels are simply 4 subtools on the main vehicle body tool, made from two zbrush primitives and combined into one mesh first.

This vehicle reminds me of a VW wagon, and I imagine it being about the same size with the driver sitting up front with the steering wheel in their lap like a bus. Needs some axles though heh, just noticed that.

Created a bow for the figure in the first post, as she’s supposed to be an archer.

[ArcherBowimageWeb.jpg]

Now that the new plugin Transpose Master has been released, I can again work on this piece so decided to create a prop for her. Total time, almost 3 hours, about 30 minutes of which was screwing around trying to figure out how to make the base shape for the bow. I ended up just using Zspheres created on a blank plane3d to keep them straight. I <3 Zspheres. The bow was two tools, the Zsphere for the bow and a zsphere for the string.

Since I make alot of sci-fi type vehicles I thought I would work on getting a figure made to put into those kinds of images for scale.

Here are two wip shots:

[SFVicki2web.jpg]SFVicki1editweb.jpg

The base mesh is Victoria 4.1 from Daz Productions with Eve Evolution morphs from Orion 1167. Exported as .obj from Poser 7 and imported into zbrush for subtool extraction and further sculpting.

Just working out a suit for her at the moment, also brushing up my flow to be able to pose this later using Transpose Master. Making sure everything is low poly to begin with and all subtool extractions are “clean” and hidden geometry is deleted to optimize the poly count. For my own sake while using Transpose Master later on. The polycount on the model right now as shown is about 35k at Subdivision level1. Very reasonable for posing later on.

Nice models. I am the maker of ShapeShop. would you mind if I post your ragtop model image in the gallery on www.shapeshop3d.com? I would also be thrilled to see the original ShapeShop model…

I have to agree with RyanSchmidt, very nice models.

Is this character from MDK? I loved that game. One of the few games that was actually on a mac… but yeh, i loved that helmet design!