ZBrushCentral

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune models

Hi everyone,
my name is Rich Diamant. I’m the lead character artist at Naughty Dog. Here are a bunch of models from Uncharted that I worked on. Hope you all enjoy them! The full color shots are the in game models lit and screen shot in maya. The two at the bottom are mental ray renders for proof of concept. btw… the style we went for was not photo-realistic. they are meant to be a little stilized. Because of this we hand painted and hand sculpted everything. Nothing was scanned or photo collaged.

![drake.jpg|880x897](upload://k72M5qvERdtk6pp7Rqnou7t98mz.jpeg)![drake_zbrush1.jpg|1100x910](upload://m1aMXuJKsatOHzEAbV202b5w2F9.jpeg)![drake_zbrush2.jpg|1100x910](upload://2iK20Uw98jXFjEUF8meyfpp0YB3.jpeg)![elena.jpg|718x891](upload://9NzhFLEKjsvzAXfmqOOVpA3DVBn.jpeg)![elena_zbrush1.jpg|1100x910](upload://7a5OaesM232RgunspIO93l3kE9b.jpeg)![elena_zbrush2.jpg|1100x910](upload://yADtk4Nfi1yGC1da36J9c9ZQwbS.jpeg)![elena-zbrush-wetsuit.jpg|1100x910](upload://sYEwP5xwL0h5EgYuPArvT6kBFbo.jpeg)![mummy.jpg|1100x915](upload://19ZGPaFZP3pkdSSn7YCwzQVoSuC.jpeg)![mummy_hands.jpg|1100x915](upload://1r3ouxqKkFaI8edwvGqECrHE2AK.jpeg)![navarro.jpg|1038x890](upload://3QpP4tCpwqmWnPgKsCInpYDp01w.jpeg)![navarro_zbrush1.jpg|1100x910](upload://ycmlt9wH9j3hDFqXJoCvQSSgTn9.jpeg)![navarro_zbrush2.jpg|1100x910](upload://6yJi0Rf4HcJ1KgA5jCHqVRbRxTv.jpeg)![navarro_zbrush3.jpg|1100x900](upload://mvOfpR4MxkGZninv1yA2XglKw0E.jpeg)![playstation_cover.jpg|1039x1475](upload://i53ytoZ52aZQUoGpWbRrL0rh4bK.jpeg)![elena-render.jpg|690x907](upload://zOBdF2fXrHfX7anEhtPNfow0rgd.jpeg)![drake-render.jpg|594x780](upload://1gOm6ZcHuoFliJXizYVpb3Yzegb.jpeg)![3.jpg|100x76](upload://2dbTp96gAN6nr5brWsMJUi8GJlN.jpeg)

Attachments

I like your models - particularly the gal in the tank top and scuba outfit - assume that’s the same character. The last two faces look the best. :+1:

Excellent work Diamant! Really love all the detail that you put into your characters, and honestly this is the only game that I plan on buying for my PS3 this christmas, just due to the great art:)

Spark!

www.bbriley.com

Some impressive work! well done :+1: :+1:

Just beat the game! One of the best games (very fun to play) of the year. I do like Elena with darker hair better than the brown/blond ingame hair. I was hoping I would get to see more artwork. I haven’t unlocked sections 5 and 6 in the art gallery yet. Are these from there?

How many polys are the main characters? I know they are using a crazy amount of textures per character (20-40).

beautiful models … and great texturing

These models look ok. My major crit would be…BRING THIS GAME TO 360!!!
Seriously though these look outstanding and the game looks gorgeous. Too bad PS3 doesnt have any more must-have games like this. Congrats and hope the game does well for you guys.

yikes! how much fun was doing that hair?
(got any special techniques you can share?) :wink:

WailingMonkey

Love your style very much!!!
Your models look so “cool”, espacialy the guy with the gun!!

RESPECT - top row for me!

love it

thanks guys!
dmckim - i think you’re gonna have to suck it up and buy a ps3! :slight_smile: I think soon there will be a lot more must have titles exclusive to the ps3 that hopefully will convince people to buy one. Then again… i’m biased :slight_smile:

womball - thanks! we are all very proud of the game. it really is a lot of fun to play… i think i’ve played it like a million times. it is addiciting…

the whole Elena hair thing… well… i think just because she is a girl a lot of people have very particular opinions. I never minded the dark hair. A lot of people liked it. However, We did feel it worked a little better as a dirty blond. But really, its all opinions… Hopefully it really didn’t make too much of a difference overall.

all of these actually are in the galleries. I’m not sure if they are in 5 or 6… i think they might be mixed throughout.

the main characters range from about 22k to 30k poly’s. They do have a bunch of textures on them… not sure really the total amount… i haven’t counted :slight_smile:

webhead - yep, they are the same models… just different outfits.

Spark! - thanks! hope you’ll have fun with the game!

WailingMonkey- doing the hair was a pain!! i think it took almost 2 days to get to look right. i ended up writing a mel script that helped a little with laying out and bi-railing all the strands. i used nurbs curves and converted them to polys after. each strand i would lower accordingly. it wasn’t fun! thats why she had a different hair style originally… i never got around to doing it right at that point :slight_smile:

wethand- thanks! drake with the gun was one of my favorite ones as well!

great work rich! great models and i think the hair came out great with all those cards… everything looks great in the game…

Truly amazing work! I have beat the game, and I really love it. Going back to play again for the 2nd time. I am very impressed on the art quality of the game ( animated normal map on cloth , the hair cards and all ) :smiley:
Impressive :+1:

Hey hey hey!
Its good to see this stuff up here. Great looking models! I especially like the image of Drake with the gun. Not to mention the card job you did on Elena’s hair looks sweet (although i wouldve changed her hair to red ahahhah j/k).
Cheers,
Biscuit

Nice Work bro! Glad you posted. This stuff is sweet. Now tyler and ricardo, where you guys at? Lets see it! Rich I still look at that hair and cringe, that looks like a ton of work! Respect

Great work guys!

Katon

beautiful work :smiley:

yea Ricardo! when are you gonna stop being lazy and post yours as well!! :slight_smile:

and yea Katon… that was a bitch to do haha. hair sux!

thanks Pete ,Pum, and super!

any of you guys going to the gnomon thing this weekend?

really cool, very interesting…

The dead body is just terrific!:+1: :+1:

oh wow how did i miss this, these are very nice models, top row easily! they look so lifelike! the hair really does make it instead of break it, you have a very nice eye for composition too, the images flow nicely.

wow…amazing works present here…
love all the models and i dig the hand-paint textures…
looks really fresh :smiley:

Awesome work Diamant, love the models :slight_smile: