Super Moderator Follow User Gallery

Default Scared Silly Contest Winners (voting results)

Banner3.jpg

The results are in!

After over a month of hard work by dozens of talented artists followed by a week of voting, we have the final results for ZBrushCentral's first official contest!

For those of you just joining us, the objective of this contest was to create an image using primarily ZBrush that captures the "Scared Silly" theme. In other words, these images had to show a Halloween image, but with a humorous twist.

Voting for the finished entries (click here to view all entries) was done by the ZBrushCentral member base using the following criteria:

1. Success in portraying the contest theme.
    2. Quality of the finished artwork.
    3. Displayed ZBrush skill in the areas of modeling, texturing, painting and/or rendering.

Now it's time to reveal the winners. Congratulations!

Winner-AlexVelasquez.jpg

Winner-RalfStumpf.jpg

Winner-GregoryCallahan.jpg

Stay tuned in the coming weeks as we post detailed "making of" articles for each of these remarkable works of art. We're also reopening the Scared Silly contest forum so that members can once again discuss each thread.

We at Pixologic would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who participated in the contest. While only three prize winners were possible, we believe that everyone who joined in was a winner. It has been a great pleasure to see the overwhelming enthusiasm on everyone's parts, and all the comments about how you've learned a lot just by participating. Way to go!

We'd also like to thank Wacom for sponsoring this contest through their generous donation of the grand prize Cintiq.

Gallery of Entries
    For those of you just coming in, we thought you might also enjoy seeing a gallery of all the entries. Each entry is shown with one thumbnail below, listed alphabetically by first name.

• Click the artist's name to be taken to the thread showing the work-in-progress for that entry. (Remember that in any thread you can click the ThreadGallery link to view all images within that thread.)
    • Click the image thumbnail to view the full-sized finished image.
    Enjoy!

The Pixologic Team

scared-silly2.jpg

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Congratulations to Alex, Ralph and Gregory! Your all very well deserved winners!

The results are pretty much what I expected.

Congrats to the winners!
    Threads: * - * -* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * / Tuts: * - * - * - *

skulll_monster
    Guest User Gallery

~ cangratulation ~

beautiful and wonderful works.
    applauses.

Well done! Lots of very hard work on full display in these pics

Cheers,

R

Member Follow User Gallery

Default Congratulations!

Congratulations! You are the best (:
    Will it be able to see how much voices gained each one in competition? Just intrested if i made in top 10 :P
    Last edited by klesh; 11-16-07 at 11:01 AM.

My heartiest congrats to those who won and those who took part. Hopefully everyone who took part took something away with them in one way or another, be in learning something new, or a cool image.

Wayne...

well deserved winner. congrats!

Congrats to the winners!

Well deserved!

Javier Loredo.

The 'Internet' baby! What wonderful scenery! And the realestate is still cheap...

Congratulations to everyone! This was a wonderful contest that brought out some truly talented work.
    Jason Belec
    Kiss Your Sister Studios... YEAUCH

Eternal Zsphere thread : 'Origins' begins... : Liquid Maya

Jason can be reached at Cowboy Feng's Spacebar and Grill. If you know where it is, you are indeed privileged. It's your round.

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

Moderator Follow User Gallery

Congratulations to everyone who took part. It's kind of sad there had to winners (though I doubt the winners agree with me ) as all the entries were brilliant. I had to close my eyes when I voted.

Congrats to all! I also voted randomly. Anyone who got one vote they weren't expecting, you'll know that was me
    -Scott

Default Wtg Everyone!!

BIG THUMBS UP!!

The big winners ... are all of us at ZBC who saw the hard work of all artist come to fruition!! Amazing results where attained. 1st and 2nd prize winners where definitely going to be up in the top 3. I have to say I'm glad that the grand prize Winner Alex Velasquez listened to some of us here at zbc and finished what he had started, imaged turned out top notch!!

However.. I am somewhat surprised at some images that where allowed into the voting stage. Not because of the quality of art but in relation to rules criteria!! In the end they didn't seem to matter much. Hopefully future events will be done different by those voting and pixologic team to maintain such criteria. Sadly it had to be said..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast