ZBrushCentral

Incremental Export

I’ve seen some incremental save utilities, but I need an export utility.
Just like the M+ with PSNAP, but export instead of save.

Could someone help me out?

/Marcus

bump
please help

This is a very simple solution. If a file already exists with the incremented name then it will be overwritten without warning.

Unzip and put the ExportPlus.zsc in your ZBrush3\ZStartup\ZPlugs folder. Restart ZBrush and you will have a new Marcus Tools subpalette in the ZPlugin palette. In the subpalette will be the ExportPlus button.

You must assign a hotkey to the button for it to work. To do this, Ctrl+click on the button then press the hotkey of your choice. Then be sure to Store the hotkey by pressing the Preferences: Hotkeys: Store button.

Once you have assigned a hotkey you will be able to increment the filename for export by using the hotkey. To change the filename, press the button. The filename is stored between ZBrush sessions.

Use at your own risk!

EDIT: use version below.

Thank you very much, Civis!
Unfortunaley, I couldn’t get it to work…

I put the ExportPlus.zsc in the correct folder, as you specified and restarted Zbrush. Several times. But I did not get any extra subpalette in the Zplugin menu. I’m using Zb 3.1. I tried opening it as a script which gave me a button, and when pressed gave me the messsage “Interface item not found. [IGetID,“Zplugin:Marcus Tools:Exportplus”]”. Dunno if it helps…

The functionality, as you described, is exactly the way I wanted it, btw.
I really hope you can help me once again, it would mean a great deal.

Btw, is this something that need some kind of source code, or could I create such a plugin myself?

If you got no button or anything then you didn’t install it correctly. It won’t work in any other way. Make sure the .zsc file is in your ZBrush3\ZStartup\ZPlugs folder.

My apologies, :o there was a line of code missing which meant that the plugin wouldn’t load if you don’t have any other of my plugins (you don’t know what you’re missing!). Try this version.

?

[edit: I just wondered what the missing line of code was - now I see it must have been ISubPalette? :slight_smile: ]

Sven

Ah, I was going to ask what your question was. :slight_smile:

Yes, you’re right. I should have picked up on it from the error. Can’t think how I left it out, and of course didn’t pick up on it in testing. I shouldn’t write code late at night!