Thanks for these videos. They are awesome!

BTW, if you have access to Quickime Pro, you can export videos using the iPod video codec, and get really small sizes without a change in resolution. I could get 70MB .movs down to 5mb.

Member Follow User Gallery

Hey Nickz,

Another question- in the begining stages of you sculpts are you using the move brush to get the basic shape of your heads or are you using the std brush - adding and subtracting depth??

Reason i ask is i'm having some trouble with controlling the move brush - I can't get it to shape how i want it to :P any tips you can offer would be great!!

Thanks!

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Nate Owens - Just in time for Halloween!

Marciani- I'm trying to understand your question, sorry if I get it wrong but... here is how to store a pose in a layer.

1. export your sub tool as an obj to your 3D application. (use the lowest subdivision level.)

2. Move your model in your 3D application.

3. export out new model from 3D application as an obj.

4. Select your subtool in ZBrush and create a new 3D layer. (In the tool section)

5. Import in your new OBJ that you saved out from your 3D application. (use the lowest subdivision level.)

This should allow you to turn on and off the layer (turn on and off your pose.)

Goldleaf - I will have to try out the IPOD codec, sound like it could be just what I am looking for! Thanks for the heads up.

Black104
    - I am using the move brush to move around the large masses on my model. Pay close attention to your brush size when using this tool, the size of your brush has a huge part in how the model will move. If you want to move more mass then use a really large brush, want to move a small section then only use a small brush. Make sure that you are not using the lazy mouse with the move tool and check that you are not using an alpha with your brush. Also check to make sure that you do not have part of your model masked. If you want to change the shape of your model but do not want to disturb the higher levels of your sculpt, drop down in your subdivision levels and move the lower levels and then step back up in your subdivision levels.

Hope this helps.

NickZ.

Thx Nickz

Bye
    Leo

Nick...

You might take a look at MegaVideo.

What I like about it, and others may also, is that it does not require the user to install any software (as does Veoh and some others) in order to download files (.mov, etc.) - also the downloads are good quality (they offer different levels).

Thus, it can be used from any computer (even those corporate speed demon connections) with no problems.

Give it a look
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    Nate Owens
    Paintings / illustration / Art & 3D Product Presentations / NEWSLETTER

Okay, I'm not sure what's going on, but I did some tests with the iPod video codec, and they weren't the same results. In one case, a file actually increased 10mb. Another one cut the video resolution in half.

So maybe that won't be a viable solution in every case. If only there were options to look at and customize, maybe I could figure out how to make it work, as it was phenomenal how much it compressed the movie I made before. One thing, is that I edited the video in Final Cut Pro, and the Quicktime file that I exported was subsequently exported using the iPod video codec, from Quicktime Pro. Maybe there was a setting in FCP that setup the video to benefit so much from the iPod video codec.

Do you have any original files? Maybe you can send me one, and I can play around with it in FCP or Quicktime and figure something out. PM/email me if you want to.

Default Projecting from a hi res mesh to a resurfaced mesh (Sub Tool Method

Projecting from a hi res mesh to a resurfaced mesh (Sub Tool Method) Very easy 6:16

projectZToolMethod.jpg

Default Broken Wall Time Lapse Moview (00:06:00 136.3 MB)

Here is a new time lapse movie that I created to show how ZBrush could be used to build environmental pieces.

Broken Wall Time Lapse Moview (00:06:00 136.3 MB)

Enjoy,

NickZ.

brokenWall_MayaZBrush.jpg
    Last edited by ZModerator; 11-20-07 at 01:16 PM.

A good reminder of Zbrush' power! Thanks NickZ!
    Elfquest Sculpting Odyssee
    The continuing diary of my first sculpt

The Topology and Flow Lab
    Everything you need to know about topology (and more)

Thanks, I always find it fun watching these and seeing how other people go about the modeling process.

Great tutorials,

One question. In the first tutorials what is the song(s)?

G

Hey Nick, these are really great. I created a video response to the broken wall tutorial that I would love for you to check out.

Click here to see the post at Sculpt. Paint. Create.

Thanks for the great tutorials.

Ryan
    UArtsy - the Online Art School

These vids are really helpful - Thanks!
    Last edited by ZModerator; 11-25-07 at 02:52 PM.

Member Follow User Gallery
    Leesburg, VA, USA, North America, Earth, Milky Way

Wow! These vids have really helped me alot! thanks! ummm......how do I put vids in my post?
    3 Years Photoshop
    2 Years Milkshape
    4 Months Maya
    14 Years Totally Insane

Artist/ Modellor of Encrypto Studios

Sorry for the delay in response...I've been a tad busy here lately.

Plakkie, Thanks, this is my first environment piece I have done so far.... won't be my last. It was a lot of fun and something new for me.

NightWolf, No problem. Glad you liked it.

gregsf, It says at the end of the video who the music is by. This one is by Karre Norge "Dreams."

Ryan, thanks for the video response...I learned a ton from that, I will pass that along to my students. Thanks to Seb about the Sub D technique suggestion as well. That should save a lot of polys for me!

Webhead, Not a problem, glad I could help!

DaMaher, Thank you. If you have a veoh video it will look like this [ veoh][ /veoh] then your video id will go in the middle of the ][, should look like v1480701J74FxJ23 on your veoh page. I can't write out exacly what text would be or else it trys to embed a movie in my post. ([ veoh]v1480701J74FxJ23[ /veoh]) just take the space out from in front of the first v and the second /v and it should work. Clear as mud... right?

Peace,

NickZ. :P
    Last edited by nickz; 11-23-07 at 11:13 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast