Senior Member Follow User Gallery

thanks a lot nickz , it's really appreciate .
    Lead character artist - Blur Studio
    http://nicolascollings.com/

Ubisoft work
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
    Assassin's Creed 2

Sweet vids!

Many thanks for posting them!
    TheRazorsEdge

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
    - Bruce Lee -

Default Sorry for the dealy...been a little busy. :)

Freewaldo - Thanks, If you want to download the videos you will need to download the FREE veoh TV player. Once you have the veohTV player you can then click on one of my videos to watch it. While the video is playing, place your mouse cursor near the top of the movie. This will bring up some controls, on says veohTV, click on that and it will take you to web page where this video really lives, look to the right of the page for something that says "download options"

veohDownload.jpg

click on that to see your options for downloading this video to your computer.

Nate Owens - The videos on top are more for entertainment than learning. If you want to learn take a look at the new videos that I have added. Thanks for the Sugg!

Piz- Thanks bud!

MSMBrush- Much Appreciated!

Marciani - Thanks for the kind words.

sasquatchpoacher - It never ends, does it?

Revento - Added the times for you, can't help you with your dial up, I really wish "Hi Speed" internet was at a higher speed so I feel your pain! Time to upgrade!

Marciani - Thanks so much for saying thanks...it means a lot!

Boa- Thank you very much!

ncollings- The kind words are appreciated as well.

highlander_72 - Thanks for watching.

I hope these videos have inspired and help some people out. More to come so stay tuned.

Peace,

NickZ.

Hi Nick,

I actually meant file size and not file length. You get the file length as soon as the file starts playing but they don't tell you how many megs the files are.

Oh, and it's easy to say to upgrade my connection when upgrades can be more expensive than you think.

I don't live in the US so we don't have the freedom of cheap and decent internet services.

Thanks anyway.

Rev.
    www.poserbargains.com - Bargains Poser props and OBJs
    ---------------------
    If we had X symmetry in real life then I could brush my teeth much quicker.
    If we had Y and Z symmetry in real life then sex would be WAY more interesting.

That's the trick, Nick... now they are tutorials.. (explained actions)
    I'm still digging into Z and have seen some of this stuff before, but you have covered it better than anyone I have seen - very precise and understandable.
    Any chance that you will start using 3.1?

I am hoping you will continue.
    NOTE TO MODERATORS: THIS SERIES HAS TO BE STICKIED!!

I'm still trying to swallow that Veoh thing. I tried it on 2 computers and the thing I disliked is that it seemed to grab and save to my drive every vid on every page I went to, whether I looked at them or not and without asking first. Chewed up a lot of drive space on the sly. Maybe I didn't have it set up right. It will be worth another try just to get your superb stuff.

Thanks again. - haven't been through them all, but I am hoping that you will do some on the retopo stuff as that can be tough to get a grip on.
    Last edited by Nate Owens; 10-25-07 at 08:45 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    Nate Owens
    Paintings / illustration / Art & 3D Product Presentations / NEWSLETTER

Revanto - That stinks that you can not up grade, I wasn't trying to be disrespectful... it's just that some of these files are like 400 megs. Not something that you want to download with a dial up connection....ouch. I remember the last time I used one (Out at my mom and dad's house waaaaay out in the country.) I had trouble just checking my e-mail. If I didn't have my cable modem I'm not sure what I would do, like I said...sometimes I think that is slow as well. Guess I'm getting internet spoiled? If you download with veoh it will tell you the file size when the download starts. That is about the best I can do for you, I'm a pretty busy guy and I am offering these things for free so.....use at your own risk.

Nate Owens- Thanks for the kind words. I now use 3.1 Sorry these video's were recorded with 3.0 I think that the Skin Pores and Resurfacing Mesh Projection videos are recorded with 3.1. I don't think that the tools have changed that much between versions, just the interface....from what I can recall. Stinks for step by step. About Veoh, check the preferences...I think that behavior can be changed.

Peace,

NickZ.

Not a problem! I actually have broadband but it's a low speed and I have a download limit. Australia is still in the stone age when it comes the internet and other technologies. It's because our prime minister still lives in the stone age.

Anyway, you know, if you asked, someone on this site might volunteer to take your vids, shrink them to a decent size in a different format and maybe even host them. There are friendly enough people on this site who are always willing to help.

Not me, though. I'm a bastard.

Your other option is to host low res version on Youtube. That's if you are interested.

Cheers,
    Revanto
    www.poserbargains.com - Bargains Poser props and OBJs
    ---------------------
    If we had X symmetry in real life then I could brush my teeth much quicker.
    If we had Y and Z symmetry in real life then sex would be WAY more interesting.

Revanto - That reason that I am using veoh is so I can have the best video quality possible. I want people to be able to read the text on the interface (as best as they can) That is why I have kept the compression low. If it didn't really matter all that much I would have kept the size down. One more thing I COULD do is re author the video's in the XidMPEG format. The video quality is good for that format and the file size is a lot smaller. The problem is that these vidoes are being made for another purpose other than sitting on the net. I use the Quicktime format because it allows you to pause the video and advance or go backwards on frame at a time (This comes in handy when you have a time-lapse movie and you want to see in the menu what tools the instructor is using.) If anyone has the time and the space, I could dump the original Quicktime movies to a directory and they could convert them. Hope people can understand.

Nick...

I fully understand your quest for hi-quality and that is the way to go.

If you get the option to post your vids in some other way than Veoh, I hope that you will post to the forum where they can be downloaded.

I love living out in the country, the problem is that my connection is not as fast as it could be. The only access I have to a computer that lets me watch your vids in real time is a corporate computer and there is no way to install the Veoh movie thing on that system. So... I can look but not download (download times at home are prohibitive). That is my problem so don't even think about downgrading your quality to suit my wimpy web access.

Please advise if you hook up another way

Thanks for these and if you should decide to offer DVDs or CDs, put me on your mailing list. Some tutorial authors ramble, mumble, and wander here and there. Your stuff is very professional, smooth and moves ahead in a logical sequence. In a word professional.

Nate.
    Last edited by Nate Owens; 10-26-07 at 11:05 AM.
    Nate Owens

Member Follow User Gallery

Great vids man!!
    Could you explain that masking technique your using in you modeling vids?

thanks!

Hey man great vids, looking forward to the next installment

I was wondering if you could explain your little masking technique you were doing in your sculpting vids?

Thanks!

Default Painting with masks.

Sure thing.

ctrl + draw on your model = painting a mask

ctrl + alt draw on your model = painting out a mask

ctrl click on your mask = blur your mask

ctrl + i = invert your mask

ctrl + h = hide/show mask

ctrl + drag an empty selection in the open viewport = deselect your mask

ctrl + drag a marquee from the open viewport to over some portion of your model = mask with a marquee

ctrl + drag a marquee from the open viewport to over some portion of your model with an alpha turned on = mask with an alpha

Hope this helps!

NIckZ.

Nick... this thread is a treasure find.

Just copied those masking procedures to my bag-of-Z-tricks and tips file.

Thanks!
    Nate Owens

Question Store pose in layer

Hi Nick,
    watching your video i've seen a workflow so much interesting......but i don't know understand your steps (is my fault, my english is a little bit tricky.
    Could you share your workflow about the store pose in layer:
    This is my workflow
    1. Import from Zbrush in XSI the mesh split in multiple obj
    2. Pose in XSI and save every single obj
    3. import with subtools in Zbrush and "rebuild" the mesh, one in static and the other in pose(then i have 2 model with the same number of polygon mesh and subtools)
    4. Now .......my light switch off
    Thank's for your time
    Bye
    Leo

Default thanks

These are really helpfull, love the videos with explanation to go with it.

I think it would be great to have a voice over with the modelling time lapses to, caus there are a lot of time lapses of modelling, would be nice to know
    what you where thinking when doing modelling part x, etc

Could be interesting, maybe not, but it would be better than a;; the timelapses that are allready there,

keep it up!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast