ZBrushCentral

Mrgb Palette

“Mrgb Palette” allows you to assign combinations of materials and colors to convenient “palette” buttons which allow you to switch back and forth between different colors and materials with ease.

Download: [Mrgb Palette - Beta 1.1.zip](http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/attachment.php?attachmentid=70668&stc=1) =Instructions= 1. Extract the Mrgb Palette folder to your working project directory. 2. In ZBrush go to the Zscript menu and press the load button. Select and load the MrgbPalatte.txt file located in the Mrgb palatte folder you just extracted. 3. Expand Zbrush's bottom panel/shelf (also known as the tutorial window) and press the initialize button. 4. Select your desired material and color. 5. Press the "R" button next to any one of the "selectMrgb" buttons. This will store your current material and color information to the associated "selectMrgb" palatte button. 6. Repeat this process to assign new materials and colors to different palatte buttons. 7. Now that you have some materials and colors assigned you can quickly switch between them by pressing on the "selectMrgb" buttons. Note: You will have to reload the script and press the "intialize" button every time you restart or Initialiaze ZBrush. However your previously defined materials and colors will remain in tact. ------------------------------------------------------------- =Known Issues= The record Mrgb buttons "R" all say to press the Ctrl+R keyboard shortcut when you hover your mouse over them. I don't yet know why this happened, but needless to say, pressing Ctrl+R does not have anything to do with this script, so just press the button and ignore that message for the time being. ------------------------------------------------------------- =Script Limitations= In Zbrush, you cannot load new materials into the material palatte/browser. Thats just the way Zbrush works. Instead you can only replace existing materials with new ones that you define. I decided to replace materials that I found the least usefull in my projects and they are as follows (Checker, NoisePattern1, NoisePattern2, NoisePattern3, NoisePattern4, NoisePattern5, Fibers1, DoubleDotsOmetal). If you would like to change the materials that get replaced, simply load the MrgbPalatte.txt into a text editor. Next search for the following text "[IPress,Material:Checker]". It should be near the top of the script. Checker is the first material that gets replaced in the script and all you have to do is change the word "Checker" with the name of another default material that is found in the Materials palatte and there you go.

Similarly when you use a custom material in ZBrush, then close and reload your project, your custom material will have to be re-loaded otherwise it will be using a material index of the swatch that is in that index by default. This is just a limitation of ZBrush. All you have to do to alleviate this, is load the script and press initialize and the proper materials will be re-loaded from your last use of the script.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Space Reserved.

:wink: i make a macro that you can quickly load and use it

UNZIP the zip file to your Macros folder(…Program Files\ZBrush3\ZStartup\Macros) :lol: :lol: :lol:

:confused: I use ‘‘R’’ button to record color ,

But it seems not quite accurate(From the beginning of the third ‘‘R’’ buttons),
sometimes the selected colors can not be recorded(I have tested several times), and sometimes the color (recorded) will continue to the next color .when I click the next ‘‘selectmrgb’’ button,I will find that the color has on the color selector…:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

suggest:
The script is not preview function , have to remember the order of material sometimes it is not easy, I hope that when I store material and color, it can generate a thumbnail icon which can help users from the list of material to choose.

I do not advise this, I would instead extract the script folder into your project directory and load it manually so that you can have seperate palettes for different projects. In a future version I would like to include the ability to save a palette set out and reload them in the script itself but until then, I would advise using it the way as I have instructed, not to mention I will keep the files up to date myself.

This issue has been fixed in Beta 1.1

You now see the selected color and material in the preview accurately.