Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default VarSave & VarLoad

I'm trying to save some variable data to a seperate file so the person using my script can pick up where they last left off before closing ZBrush.

I have 3 variables to save, they contain the individual R, G and B channels.

I define my variables at the beginning of the script. And later in the script, this is how the value get stored...

[VarSet, colorStoreR, Color:R]

This sets the variable, colorStoreR, to the value of the current R color channel. Next, saving the channel to a file..

[VarSave,colorStoreR,session]

Now I have the correct color information stored in my variable, and I am assuming that those values are also being stored into a file called session.zvr

Next I got about loading the stored values. When you click the load button this is the order of execution.

[VarLoad,colorStoreR]

I assumed that this line would set the variable to the previously saved value. And then finally..

ISet,Color:R,colorStoreR

Which sets the Red color channel to the current value of the ColorStoreR varialble....

PROMBLEM

The script does create a session.zvr file but it's either not saving properly or its not reloading properly. All the variables are stuck in their declared 0,0,0 states.

Well I got it finally, I needed a seperate .zvr for each individual color channel.

Moderator Follow User Gallery

The other way you can do it is to declare a list variable:

[VarDef, myColors(3),0] //declares a list variable with 3 items, initialized to 0

Then assign the colors to it (the index starts at zero):

[VarSet, myColors(0), Color:R]
    [VarSet, myColors(1), Color:G]
    [VarSet, myColors(2), Color:B]

To save you simply save the variable thus:

[VarSave, myColors, settings.zvr]

and load in the same way.

Oooh thats elegant. Thanks for the tip.