ZBrushCentral

Greyhound Racing

Been working on this guy for about 3 weeks on and off for the CGTalks hardcore challenge. I’'m wanting to take 3 different poses and put them together in one sculpture. It will either have an antique bronze finish or a polished burgundy wood-like finish.

Here’s the three poses I have made from the initial model. Still need to tweak the sculpting of the muscles a bit more to better suit each pose. I’ll take the whole sculpture into Lightwave for final rendering.

CTalk Greyhounds WIP Thread

GH9.jpgGH12.jpgGH13.jpg

Awesome Kraken, both the model and the poses

great sculpt!!
Alex Oliver

Stunning detail.

Looks pretty true to the animal :smiley:

Beautiful sculpt and posing, Kraken :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Going to texture this guy up as a bronze ‘trophy’ kind of thing? Great work!

Chris

Looking good. My only suggestion would be, you have 3 poses. So far 2 are at the ‘contracted’ extreme of running, 1 is at the ‘extended’ extreme. When they’re all together, it might look better if one of the 2 contracted ones is instead halfway between the two. Perhaps one front leg & the oposing back leg moving towards extended, and the other 2 more towards contracted. Know what i mean?

Might be worth a tinker.

Awesome! Here is a video of my dog Rufus, an Italian Greyhound, running in the park. I have a couple places with slow motion :slight_smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIjpsMW6gjs

Any chance you could surface him like Rufus? :>

Thanks!

Love it.

Very nice work…good luck in the challenge.

Great sculpt, makes me think of my dog Sprinter that I had as a kid. After viewing your first pose, makes me wonder if a 4 legged animal ever leaves the ground when running.

That’s a very amazing dog. Zbrush 3: $500, hours spent working: $300, a model dog that amazes the public: priceless. I always wanted to say that, keep up the good work.:smiley:

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and comments!

Art-Machine, I actually tried to get something in between, but some of the in between positions didn’t look all that kinetic. Here’s an animation of a greyhound running that I was using for reference.

http://www.loadedbrush.com/REFERENCE/Greyhound/greyhound_anim.gif

I tried to take the most explosive poses in the frames and go with those. But I do think that the number 2 pose needs some more power to it. I may need to go back and apply a bit of “artistic license” and exaggerate some things to get a stronger a more kinetic pose and differentiate it more from the first pose. Here’s a side view of the first pose…

![GH10.jpg|960x720](upload://5qhKsIqo2DdAQky1T8Mw9ziwr6r.jpeg)

Awesome work. Great sense of momentum.

Very nice.

How did you post the animation?

~S.~

Hey SNARK, I just used the IMG tag and linked it to a gif file on my website. I wasn’t sure if it would work myself, but it appears it did! :smiley:

Really great job ! Did you plan to map it ?

Thanks, Kraken!

Good work.

~S.~

really nice modeling!

Kraken, that’s a real nice model, cheers! :+1:

Thanks, guys!

cooly08, I was planning on painting the map in ZB to resemble antique bronze. Or I might be able to just do something like that with Lightwave’s node materials. We’ll have to see when I come to that point. But my guess is that an antique bronze look would benefit more from a hands-on approach.

Here’s a close-up of the face. This is an earlier stage. But, I’ve since replaced the tongue with a separate subtool for more control so I can hang it out the mouth.

![GH8.jpg|778x596](upload://1RSd1SYXobKpOwRLZA3ABuSDnej.jpeg)