ZBrushCentral

Alien Pilot

Hi everyone :smiley:

Focusing on my detailing and have finally got something worthy of uploading.

going to try some colorize of my pixols and give him some life.

alien_pilot01.jpg

Attachments

alien_pilot02.jpg

alien_pilot03.jpg

alien_pilot04.jpg

Beautiful model!

Very nice form and design. Good detail on the face.

A few hard lines that could use from softening, but looks good.

Ohh, i didn’t know about the alien pilots, great idea. :+1: and very good sculpting, i am waiting to see it colored. :slight_smile:

thanks guys - yeah could do with a softening - want to preserve the harder lines for a while as I will use them for a cavity mask for the colorizing part.

been trying really hard to make good detailing choices putting in details without getting carried way - it seems the most successful models are the ones that use real restraint with this regard and dont detail for the sake of it - anyway cheers guys.

if your interested here are the alpha brushes I used for the sculpting of details.

Excellent work. Don’t soften anything until you have to, this is coming along really nicely. You have done a great job of believable balance in the features, and increasing the detail and sharpness in areas will enhance the style even more. Also a little asymmetric work will really bring the ‘character’ out. :wink:

Thanks Jason, yeah im finding that the sharper details are vital points for leading the eye around a sculpt.

Done a bit more work on the space suit - Love the stitch brush;) , still a way to going for metal wrapped in padded plastic. smoothing and sharpening as I go

alien_pilot05_torso.jpg

2 more images - You were right about the asymetry - even putting a put a little head twist has helpe. Might make some sort of haed gear or something across one of his ‘ears’ this will help too I think

alien_pilot06_elevation.jpg

alien_pilot07.jpg

Cool character! Interesting expression, very regal. Nice detailing too.

Very good! I like his expression and also the cartoony (a little bit) mood…
Now Colorize! :wink: :+1:

That’s very cool!

:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

BTW I have a quick question. Is there a way of re-posing a model and moving the sub tools at the same time? when I tried to rotate the head the eyes stayed where the were.

thanks guys

I’m not an expert on ZBrush, but I think you have to go to the lowest sub-d. Then attach the eyes to the head, change the pose, and then extract the eyes back out.

You could try this: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=48466

very nice!:smiley:

Cool thanks maryas - will give that a go.

Hi Steve-T,

Good to see you posting again. Nice one this, the expression is great - quizzical :slight_smile:

Was there a reason to sculpt the suit with soft edges as opposed to bringing in a hard-sufaced version?

Update, update!

Hello WHW_:slight_smile:

I modelled the suit in Maya, but not very experienced with none organic stuff in zbrush, so im sort of jamming with it :confused: hence the lack of sharpness. TBH im not at all pleased with it - just started using the stitch brush the other day and still getting the hang of it - I did some o.k. stitch brush alphas today which give cleaner hard edges. I think the suit is a bit lame so I may re-think what he is wearing, or re-detail the base suit mesh not sure yet.

I also want to put a helmet on this guy - should be a challange due to the rather giraffe like neck :lol:

cheers mate!

Im adding some asym details hope you like them - some facial implants :smiley: not fimished the skin pulling around them as yet. Also want to find a way of showing the metallic parts underneath the skin - should be a challenge

as usual c and c most welcomed - getting closer to the colouring ( need to re- think the space suit a little as Im not sure its fitting with the character - like the details in the facial implants much better:sunglasses: )

implants coloured in white to be seen more clearly

[attach=69628]alien_pilot08.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

alien_pilot08.jpg