ZBrushCentral

Deeper info about zscripting.

Does anyone happen to know some Z-scripting-literature that goes deeper into the data-managing structure of ZB?; so I can understand why some ideas have a zscript-future and others not.
For instance:

• how can I find in zscript whether a LMB-pointed polygon is masked or not
  • how are the active tool’s polygons defined in zscript; are they numbered, can this numbering be placed in a zscript-variable?
  • is it possible to look into some existing plugin’s whose function I already know so I can understand the code better? If I open a plugin right now I only see gibberish; pity.

The tutorials on zscripting in the Wiki are not that deep-going as I should like them to be.

Eddy,

All the information that is available is contained in the Wiki documents. There are some example zscripts which show particular functionality and more available from the ‘Code Samples’ sticky thread at the top of this forum. If you are knowledgeable about scripting then the Command Reference is probably all you need though you may find this page useful:
http://www.zbrush.info/docs/index.php/ZScripting_for_Seasoned_Scripters

However, the sort of mesh information you are after is simply not available. The Mesh3DGet command shows what is:
http://www.zbrush.info/docs/index.php/ZScript_Command_Reference#Special_3D_Tool_Commands

Hi ,
i am new to this Forum and i am seeking about information about :
Is there some sort of communication controller interface developed in the application core what enables you to talk to certain devices such as 3dNavigator Puc
for example such 3rd party devices :

[http://www.3dconnexion.com/](http://www.3dconnexion.com/) i downloaded the developerskit of this device and it says that the application needs to listen to some sort of local connection object from the 3dshuttles driver , so the only thing to do would be writing some sort of zBrush plugin that detects on zBrush Startup and its own initialisation that there is a 3rd party device and what kind of device connected per usb to the computer and maps the recieved events to stationery functions in the public communication interface so i am pretty shure it is possible to do it . I mean imagine if you could rotate you model(of cource not in projection Mode ) with such a 3d controller . My Question is also : I dont know so much about the Aplication zBrush because i only have the deployed version running here but is this possible with just writing a plugin ? If there is a public device communication interface in the core where you can trigger functions from the model like the tumble/rotate Handler it should be pretty easy to connect to these 3rd Party devices . any information about this is very commonly appreciated best wishes m@

This should be by way no molester about the zBrush 3.1 release it is by way the freaky funky coolest zBrush release evar !!

but i think 3rd Party Device support would be handy aswell !!

m@teix,

ZScripts can’t access the ZBrush API so, as far as I know, there’s no way to add the sort of functionality you’re after using zscripting.

It’s possible that this sort of development will be added in the future but if it is planned (and I don’t know whether it is or not), I would guess that it won’t be for some time.

HTH,

Hi Marcus ,

thnx for the response on that - ohh thats sad but logic .
Thats why i was asking for some sort of modular way doing such things so that you not have to touch something in the core .

The only thing what i think is needet is another rider in the zplugin tab what says additional devices , so that there is something initializing in the view/model on startup what searches in some sort of a database files for known additional devices like 3dmouse once zBrush knows it is a certificated device handshake and the events from the 3dmouse getting rooted to the main dispatchqueue - so that the events overwriting each other when shot twice from diffrent controls otherwise it would maybee crash the app !

thnx m@te-x