ZBrushCentral

My Work Dump!

Hey Guys,

First time im posting something here!

I hope im doing the right thing by posting this here - i built the source models using ZBrush 3.1.

Here are the final resolution results using zmapper / rendered using mental ray in max.

Ive been trying to work out a good shader to render with. Let me know what you guys think. I need Critiques please!

Female_Arm_Z.jpg

Ill post up the source models shortly! :smiley:

Attachments

Male_Arm_Z.jpg

amazing stuff! love the renders!

Psygnosis: Thank you!

Ill, post up the zbrush meshes shortly! Any critiques on teh shader or models, textures etc. :qu:

No crits here…just a holy cow. really awesome. looks so real and yet so few polys. wow oh wow. best arms I have seen!!! How’d you do that. I just can’t get over them arms, both of them. You got my vote. 5*

Show us the texture maps!

Ultrarealistic material…:+1:
Please post some snapshot of Max/MR rollouts… If that isn’t too secret… :wink:

Ciao!

Seavannah: Haha thank you, How did i do it ? I’m currently writing something up which will hopefully explain it a bit better :slight_smile: Thanks again!

rad66203: Yes SIR!

piz: Sure thing, im working on a tutorial at the moment - will post the results when its completed!

[attach=127042]1.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

1.jpg

Some low poly teeth and tongue to be used in my characters!

Teeth.jpg

I think the spec is a bit crazy, i will adjust it. The teeth might be a bit too much like pearls as well hah! :lol:

Crits / Comments please!

Here is the base model for my heads built in max, start zbrush now!

[attach=79037]Head_WIP1.jpg[/attach]

Mouth maybe too big ?!

Attachments

Head_WIP1.jpg

Wow! Great work you’re doing here!

Maybe scale the mouth inside a little bit. But you can do all correction in ZBrush :wink: I’m not a professional. So lets wait what the others say.

I’m just curious about how you did the textures for the arms. Are you going to cover that in the tutorial you’re working on?

GeneralElu: Thanks man! Im glad you like what im doing here, i just feel so far behind the people on this forum, you guys are just insane.

The textures i will go into a bit more detail when i make up my tutorial. But in short, i start off with alot of hand painted colour layers and variantions, noise layers, paint some different vein layers, and combine those together usually at really low opacities. Once ive got something that im happy with, i use 3d.sk photoref to get some specific wrinkles, skin pores convert them to grey scale and work them into my base again using combinations of multiplys, overlays, soft lights!

Hopefully its a bit clearer when the tutorial is finished! :smiley:

Ive been working on some eyes today, will post them up when i get home!

nice stuff, Hazardous. :slight_smile:

Will look forward to seeing a bit more detail on your process…and the
mouth may be a bit wide (think the outer corners usually only end up
somewhere around the center of the pupil when viewed ‘head-on’), but
there’s all types of anatomy variations in the real world. :wink:

By the way, what’s the number of tri’s you’ve ended up with on the
low-poly mouth? (I’ve been testing a bit with just ‘solid’ molar areas
instead of individual teeth for lower polycount, but haven’t fully gotten
to the realtime stage to see if they look acceptable yet)

good work. :slight_smile:

WailingMonkey

WailingMonkey: Hey man thanks for the compliments, The teeth and tongue weighed in at a whopping 512 tris. Its quite hefty i think, i could probably cut it down by a couple more hundred easily. But i decided to leave it at this point and call it my highest LOD! :lol:

Thanks for the crit on the mouth, yeah your right about the mouth width, i kind of noticed it myself ill definately tweak that up inside zbrush.

Hi Guys,

Ive noodled around with these eyes today. With a few variation of the iris colour, just really simple changes. The wetness factor is not quite right yet, but i cant wait to slot these into the heads of the characters i intend to do!

Presentation_eyes.jpg

What do you guys think :qu:

:+1:verygood rendering but if the eyes’s polygons are much more these could be better(for image) (but not good for games).render is perfect i like it.İf i wanna render like yours where am i start to learning
can u suggest any tutorial or document?

beautiful irises love them eyes. keep up the good work!!!:smiley:

You have good skills, keep it up!

ScHiZoO: Thank you for your compliments! :smiley: I will keep them low poly for now, meshsmooth will look much more natural but thats okay for now.

As far as rendering goes, to be totally honest with you I dont know any tutorials, other than by looking around and finding what other artists have done. Unfortunately i can only provide help on achieving the results im showing here, so im making a tutorial - I will upload it shortly for anyone who is interested, hopefully it makes sense, ive never been asked to make one before haha! :lol: tutorial n00b.

Seavannah: Thank you again! you guys & girls rock for all this support! :cool:

( O )ne: Thanks !

Yeah this is just fantastic stuff. I would love to see the process of rendering the different layers and how you are compositing them together.

Again, the combination of realtime and realism is outstanding here. Hope to see more.

this is just amazing work

5 stars from me :smiley: