ZBrushCentral

young adult female (nudity)

hello… I’m new to zbrush and character modeling so please be gentle on me :slight_smile:
this is a preview of what I’ve been working on over the past week. hope people like it :slight_smile:

Alex

red14.jpg

more to come soon :slight_smile:

Attachments

red16.jpg

red18.jpg

nice,
you should turn on perspective, press p :]

she is coming along very nicely. Would like to see a full pic though or is she too shy? Just kidding lol :lol: . Really good art work hope to see her finished. Keep going with her. Crits are good to be able to take cause that’s how you will learn and you can choose what to use and what to not. That’s why I love zbrush Central, never seen a site that has so many helpful nice people in one place except for here. all though things get ugly when waiting for new releases :wink: we can all understand that though lol. Will be checking back to see your progress. Happy zbrushing.

to Skraeck - perspective is on… just a strange angle on the hand shot I think is throwing you off

to Seavannah - I don’t take crits as well as I’d like to be able to… so I work even harder so there is not as many :slight_smile: but since you asked so nicely to see whole thing… here it is… (I wanted to put hair on her… but can’t figure it out)

red10.jpg

Goodday,Like the work,no crits to offer yet.As for the hair-try this.Paint at the highest resolution (with ctrl pressed for mask) the basic shape of hair on her head/neck/shoulders and back.Go to subtool/mesh extraction button. Click it now!The thickness is determind by the slider.I’d leave it at deault for a test run,if you dont like it …go to the new subtool and select it then delete it!Now you can try other levels of depth via the slider .
To smooth the edges of extractions press and hold the cursor over the painted mask on the base mesh and left click once.Then the mask will blur its edges for a smoother extract version.
Goodluck,
cal

(edit) I removed the one with hair because I could not stand it… lol
here is one with just armor :slight_smile:
red20.jpg

Really nice sculpting :+1:

Great stuff you have there, it turned out well.

This is looking good. I’m sure it’s just the shot, but the wrists look very thick for a young lady. :wink:

you know when your going nuts… and just needa let loose… here’s me going a bit nuts on my model :slight_smile:
(30 mins)
headplay1_a.jpg

Now that is a neat alien female Altermind
Guess you would not know her phone number :lol:
OH …just joking.
I like the details on the face

One question.

How hard would it be to make the skin details custom as to each face region and have the detail change ever so slightly for each region.

Much like a any earth creature grows and its genes express larger or smaller pores, hairs, etc. :qu:

not as bad as u might think… just takes time… the model was done with a bunch of alphas I bought and made :slight_smile: you can place them by hand… that will create a random effect no matter what.

heh… another canadian cool… I’m a vancouver native myself lol

Hello, the anatomy is looking good, are u using any reference?, you are doing a very nice practice.:slight_smile:

headplay2_a.jpg

shuuuuush…

not really using much referance… the only ref I used was to get the correct size of the body parts when I did the base mesh in maya… but all the defination and curves are done from memory :slight_smile:

Wow really good. No crits here. Thanks for posting the full figure. She is coming out nicely. Really like the armor. its good that you can be free and just let yourself go. I have made my best pics by doing just that, although sometimes being stuck on stupid I don’t save and forget what I did lol. I really really like the

you know when your going nuts… and just needa let loose… here’s me going a bit nuts on my model
really came out cool. Keep up the good work.

headplay2_b.jpg

just a tweaked version of the last image with updated skin pattern / shader

hope u all like

It really came out neat looks good with the shader too keep up the good work.

roar
urm yes… here’s some progres… started texturing :slight_smile:
Untitled-2.jpg
more to come soon :slight_smile:

Hi!,

Wanted to compliment you on a really nice piece and a very nice beginning to the texturing. Something that strikes me that might help the pelvic area, given how slim the subject is would be the addition of the corners of the ilium (the superior anterior spines of the ilium). These sort of act as a reference point so that one can get something of the feel of how the pelvis cradles/cups the lower internal organs and the muscles around them and tend to be most visible on the young and/or slender and you may find that they help tie the muscles to the underlying shapes of the skeleton. The other small detail in the torso (BTW seriously beautiful beginning to the texturing and a really nice feel to the structure of the false ribs) is that the armpit seems a bit shallow in relation to the pectoral, lat and coracoid assemblies. It really does go much deeper than we tend to think since the serratus muscles tend to be quite thin in this area so there is not much covering the inward taper of the ribcage. Like I said before, really nice work! Any chance we can see the back of the character? It would be really nice to see her from several angles since the muscle flow you have looks really nice and smooth.

Johannes