ZBrushCentral

Maxi Jazz (Faithless) Sculpt

Hey guys,

Here is a recent sculpt of mine that i did for www.subdivisionmodeling.com celebrity contest. The original one last year was just pure polymodeling, and the one that has recently finished was sculpting.

But this is just a WIP thread to motivate me to update this as the bust is almost finished, the body will come much later.

But i will probably do a scene with some clothes singing or something. Maybe even submit it to the band themselves and see what they think. Though i doubt if they would like it unless it was done in a funky rendering style, because they would probably just think, why spend so much time modeling this if you could just take a photo (thinking about it that would be the ultimate compliment :p).

and if you are guessing why am i modeling this in the first place, its to test my skills, learn alot, and show that for a VFX shot i could replicate someone.

So anyways just a quick word about whats going on in these pics.

Its current state. I did with a cavity shader to kinda show what i did, and one with a normal shader (to show the impact of my subtle work, which isnt alot :p).

He had to go through some painful tweaking the other day, few anatomy issues nearly had me jumping out of a window. Goddamit this is a long post here it is.

Here is the base created almost a year ago.

[attach=67591]coverdc5.jpg[/attach]

[attach=67592]facedetail03sc1.jpg[/attach]

tn.jpg

The ear and upper half of the head now needs alot of work, because of the tweaking to the base the eyes need fixing. Still need to detail the bags under the eyes bit more clearly.

Check back for more.

oh and if you want to see the evolution of this guy look here.

http://www.subdivisionmodeling.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1251 - poly

http://www.subdivisionmodeling.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3046 - sculpt

Attachments

coverdc5.jpg

facedetail03sc1.jpg

“I’m amazed!..” :wink:
Nice modelling!

cheers,

Been working on it some more, mainly anatomy purposes.

Got to really fix some areas now, mainly the eyes and brow oh yeah and of couse that bloody ear :smiley:

[attach=67588]almostdone01dy4.jpg[/attach]

almostdone_02_TN.jpg

Attachments

almostdone01dy4.jpg

hey phrenzy84…that head is looking pretty cool…u’ve already mentiond some areas to workout…:wink: …specially both the corners of the eys…and also watch out the nose bridge and between the eyebrows…by the way…pretty clean edgeloop which is always great to see…:smiley:

keep that up…!!!

I always loved the original poly model of this one Andy, always thought ti was begging to be sculpted. :slight_smile: Thumbs up from me mate. :+1:

Wayne…

dhruvsm: yeah, still need to work out those corners, and fix the nose bridge, i kinda tweaked it without realizing it… oops :lol: .

wayne: Hey wayne, cheers, cant wait to finsh it. Big weight off me shoulders, its been in my files for soo long i want it done bacisally.

The next update should be the final one, hopefully. Need to work out the eyes, (although yesterday i did quite a bit of work on them, finish off the forehead, sides of the face, back of the head and if i feel like it the neck :lol: ). Then detailing with alphas and such.

So a bit of work ahead but the hard stuff is out of the way i guess.

oh and the ear, forgot about that.

Then in a few months i might do the body :smiley: (with the body he weighs in at about 5 million) , untill then i will probably do a scene with clothes on him.

See ya soon

-andy

Hey ho,

Finally got the time to finish it.

So ive done my first portrait, first ever, wierd i feel like I’ve done more, but alas i havent :p.

I learn’t alot and of course im not entirely happy with it, but i have to move on.

Head weighs in at 920 k
I will work on the body and texture later on, i need to get a few more models done. Full model is 5 million.

Right now i want to do some ;ess realistic pieces. :slight_smile: Something that wont take too long.

Here are two materials, standard grey (shame it doesnt show all the detail) and the very common red wax.

widefinal.jpg

Higher Rez

Grey Mat

Red Wax

for those who dont know what he looks like.

Here is a lil reference

01.jpg

Attachments

02.jpg

Cool portrait. Pretty close to the original.
Who’s that singer?

I recognised the likeness in your model straight away, good job!
He has very distinctive features, must be fun to sculpt that. :slight_smile:

svet_p :cheers mate, the singer is maxi jazz from the band faithless (big dance group)

MoP: cheers mate, i chose him because he had a pretty unique face. Tough, detailed and subtle. more harder than i thought, still great practice though :).

likin this so far, really has the essence of his character in there, you should do his body as well, from the film clip of the ali tribute song, would be heaps interesting to do because he was so toned but real thin and wire like at the same time.