ZB 3.1 Challenge
A simple challenge to try and push 3.1 and find any hidden features that take it above and beyond what's in version 3.
Post anything you've created in ZB3.1 but try to explain how you achieved the results and whether or not you could achieve it in 3.
I'm doing this challenge because I really do feel 3.1 has some nice features ready to be unleashed.
Also don't take it too serious, and hopefully we can learn from each other.
Last edited by asaxon; 08-09-07 at 09:15 AM.
The image above is a test of the Snakehook brush, stitch brush and the rake brush which seems to have more control to me.
The snakehook brush is great for hair.
The stitch brush is ideal for stitching and line patterns etc
Using the MeshInsert Dot brush to paint objects straight onto another object. This will be a godsend to paint things like bullets on a gun belt etc.
I painted a patch of green on the face and then turned on Colormask which masks around the colour making it easy to recolour it or select a polygroup from it etc for later editing.
How do you use colormask & backface mask?
Backface mask doesn't seem to work for me, but perhaps I'm doing something wrong.
To use Colormask try the following to get you used to it:
1. Load in a Polysphere from the welcome screen.
2. Click the color menu and select FillObject so that that object is filled in with your chosen material.
3. Make sure "RGB" is on in the top menu and "ZAdd" and "ZSub" are off.
4. Now choose any colour and paint something on your sphere.
5. Under the Brush palette select "ColorMask" and change the "ColorMaskInt" to 10.
6. Now Hold down the "CTRL" key for the mask and paint the mask around the colour.
That's it, this makes it easy to pick up and edit parts that you have painted in a bold colour etc.
I like the use of the Slash brush, did you use gravity on it too?
Nope, I don't think I had gravity on when i did any of that with the "Slash2." I also haven't found much use for the regular slash bruh since it pushes out around the cut.
Originally Posted by asaxon