ZBrushCentral

Mudbox bought out!

Sorry if this has already been posted:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?id=9931455&siteID=123112

Thats VERY good news AUTODESK always pulls through on updates after they took over Maya it really did get improved Very Fast and Timely. (did I mention Fast and Timely) (I think I mentioned “always pulls through”) hmmmm
anyway
Thanks for that info.

Wow.

Well, that certainly solves some people’s problems.

It may cause others…but it’s an interesting turn of events. MudBox 2 is going to be quite interesting.

In that case, pixologic nees to get bought out by Autodesk, Skymatter was already good at putting out regular updates :lol:

Just kidding aurick, don’t lock this thread! :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, yeah this is good news for me personally since I use Max, Mudbox, and Zbrush. Mudbox is a permanent part of my workflow because it’s the only sculpting app that lets you sculpt with tangent symmetry (seriously, not everybody likes sculpting in a T-pose). With autodesk behind the wheel, maybe we’ll see things like FBX support, maya and max scene file support, seamless material integration, etc. Pixologic’s only serious competitor just flexed a major muscle.

Shame Daz didn’t buy it.
We could have gotten the program for 1.99.
Maybe in a few months.
( Hexagon 2 needs a little sister )

Run Pixologic, Run.

I am concerned. Do you still think we will be getting 3.1 soon?

VERY good news. Hopefully soon I will not have to read “you just shut up and wait patiently until semi-gods from Pixologic finalize patch” :stuck_out_tongue:
I am sure that next mudbox will make Pixologic re-think some ideas about selling version beta as full app (because I dont know any other FULL application that have buttons for unexisting features :lol: ).
No, I am not politically correct. Zbrush3 is great - yet unfinished - app.

One more topic to be closed quickly.
Miztli, I agree 100% with you.

Will it be that the next mudbox will have ornamental buttons?

Pixologic obviously needs good competition.

And with Autodesk acquiring Skymatter, they are about to get it. Think of the amount of money that is about to get funneled into the R&D of Mudbox.

And with Autodesk acquiring Skymatter, they are about to get it. Think of the amount of money that is about to get funneled into the R&D of Mudbox.

Or information sucked out of Mudbox and channeled into Max
and/or Maya.
I still get it sooner or later for 1.99

Guys, that is my software to compete with ZB and Mudbox. It you will detonate the market.
With a super release promotion: Buy now, receive later!!!

I hope you like.

coolbrush.jpg

“V” you might be able to sell to Autodesk.
( or if you can’t render, model, or animate, sell to DAZ as a
companion to Amapi )

Im curious to know if Autodesk has done a proposition about buying Zbrush before they did with Skymatter.

Good question.
I would think mudbox fits better with their product line.

I dont think so - Pixologic realize that they have no real competition at this moment so the price will be huuuuuge. Mudbox get close, really close but same time didnt grow to a legend like Zbrush. Autodesk can buy it cheaper and then give him some serious make up. Better for all of us. :+1:

Sheesh, Autodesk is becoming the “EA Games” of the 3D modeling app world.

You people who think the sky(matter) is falling are just plain silly. A big bloated company buys Mudbox- a previously small and nibble company called skymatter use to run the show, and what is going to happen? You’re so right- Autodesk bought MB because they secretly have a team who can make it better! Yeah right!

Under your guys theory we’d all be using motion builder to animate…oh wait we’re still not!

No mater what features mudbox had, apparently it was either publicly owned OR it wasn’t doing so hot profit wise. No mater what the critics say- if the bottom line sucks…time to sell it off. Look for WETA to have a boost in profits!

On the upside- I hope Autodesk develops it fine- ZB needs a little competition. Lets not forget though this is VERY different than Autodesks acquisition of Alias. Maya is the market leader in its segment- STILL. Mudbox…well it’s behind ZB by far in terms of market penetration etc. AND it has to share the spoils with Silo and MODO. Not quite the same thing as them getting Maya is it?

I see this actually HURTING autodesk shares in the long run AND setting Mudbox technology development behind as they ax employees and shift things around!

I say it’s a momentary plus for pixologic not a negative.

Funny- UBISOFT, the second largest publisher (which EA tried to agressivly buy out) seems to use ZB!