ZBrushCentral

animation archeologist

I stumbled onto this link to the weblog of Hans Bacher and I thought I’d pass it along.

Among other things, this grand master scholar of old-time animated films reconstitutes exquisite background panorama paintings from animation shorts and features long after the original artworks have been destroyed, by patiently capturing and stitching frame-by-frame DVD sequences into mosaics and removing the over-layers of animated characters… a true labor of love and respect.

Extraordinary results.

link: http://animation-treasures1.blogspot.com/

Sven

Oh, thanks for sharing! What wonderful stuff. Every one of them is a real treat.

What Marcus said :+1:

Thanks so much.

there is some georgous stuff in there!.. thanks very much for the link!!!.. it often pains me to think how many great stories and works of art are being forgotten and left behind… I would love to see this kind of work more professionally embraced, but with respect… so many remakes or translations try to redefine, modernize, or otherwise commercially fancify already great works, and end up ruining them… we need more people like this guy who do their work out of love and respect

I would especially love to see more remakes in video games… we have a pretty large history of great video games behind us now, many which would still be a blast today… unfortunately, you have to be a master tinkerer or lucky collector to either have the old stuff still working or get it working on today’s hardware

the real shame is that the skillful among the loving fans who try to remake/restore old greatness are so often shot down by corporate business bullharky… and those businesses usually show no interest in doing the work themselves… they’re content to let their precious intellectual property rot just because they can

eck… sorry for the rant… and thanks again for the link

Wow! Simlpy amazing stuff there; it just seems to go on and on…great variation in styling and gives a real insight into the ‘feel’ of the time(s)

Thanks for the link Sven :+1: