ZBrushCentral

Z-TOOL BOX

Hey everyone! I had an idea to start a thread where we could post cool thingies created from tools using deformations or what have you. You know those neat little gizmos that you make while you’re experimenting but don’t quite know what to do with. I think it would be a good learning experience and give a lot of people insights on the finer manipulation of tools. Try to come up with a method. Record the script and post it here. I will start off first.

Here is a little head-piece I came up with.

Headdress.txt

Great idea, and very useful, Lonnie… :+1:
Here’s one from me…

SharpEdgeModelling.txt
This is a tutorial on ‘Sharp Edge’ modelling…It would be best to set ‘Show Actions’ on, and watch brush size, and intensity settings… :wink:

Good one Mike. I remember it well. OK everybody let’s see what you can come up with. This is a challenge to get you in your ZTool workshop and get those digital hammers and anvils a workin’ !! :wink:

i would like to add my deform tools that i plan to use in my next image…

i think this is a great ideal. so i looked at mentals script then decided to play around and i had no ideal what i was making till it was done lol. i still dont know what it is but it looks cool, and kinda reminds me of a motorcycle gas tank so i thought it could be a spare for pixolators bike.

[img]http://members.rogers.com/osrclub/otherimages/gastank.jpg[/img]

gastank2.txt

Those are cool…let’s keep em coming. I think we are on a good start to filling up our Z-Thing warehouse. :smiley:

Thanks for these scripts. That’s great for me, just beginning. I have every thing to learn.

Here’s a sunflower…

Sunflower.txt

This is a good idea, Mentat. :slight_smile:

Here is a kind of crazy script for making binoculars: Binoculars

This means, of course, that I now have to start hitting the “stop recording” button. lol

This is my submission. sorry I forgot to stop the recording so I do not have a ZScript but it is similar to the flowers experiment.

heres something that will show alot of different ways to deform an object… enjoy future sled.txt

Excellent!!!

This is a little script of how I do a quickie for rocks, coral and a host of other things, I hope you find it useful.[
Test1.txt

OK…here are some more. Let’s keep this thread alive. Here is a chest, an abdomen, and a pelvis - good starts for a bio-mechanical organism. All created within the deformations pallet. I will add more parts later. Please if anyone would like to add more do so. All contributions are greatly welcomed!!!

RoboChest.txt
RoboAb.txt
RoboPelvis.txt

Here is a quickie image I made using the parts just to give.

Come on everyone let’s keep this going! I will have some more parts later this afternoon including some more headgear!

Here is my simple contribution a Grilled Sphere!

here is the script

grilledsphere.txt

I have an idea Mentat, when you say the word everyone that wants to participate will make an image using all the parts posted here. Sound like fun?

That sounds like a good plan Digits! Kinda where I was headed with the robo stuff I think. Ok everybody. Let’s get our tool shed workin hard makin them parts and then we will se what we can build from it all.

Here is the finished Robot Tool Kit. Note that there are no hands. I invite you to create whatever mechanical hooks, pinchers, or what have you to equip you robot with “hands”.

1. RoboHeadRevA.txt
  2. RoboNeckGuard.txt
    3)RoboChest.txt
  3. RoboPelvis.txt
  4. RoboAb.txt
  5. RoboJointA.txt
  6. RoboJointB.txt
  7. RoboThighRevA.txt
  8. RoboFoot.txt
  9. RoboShin.txt
  10. RoboEyemap

A couple of notes:
The RoboThigh is a bit funky. Run the script and then you can move the object around. If you try to draw another one it will go wacky. I will try to get this working more smoothly.

I originally made an eye script BUT the script does not record custom colors so it was useless. So I provided the next best thing…the actual eye map. Just grab it off the screen and convert it into a BMP or PSD file wrap it on a sphere in ZBrush and you’ll be ready to go!

To create left and right body parts (arms, legs etc) just select the object and use the MIRROR command in the deformations pallet. Set it on XYZ.

If you have any problems with these scripts please let me know.

To finish your robot just add wires, tubes, various other doo-dads and voila! Instant mechanoid! I invite you all to make a bot! I will post my own shortly.

Here is my first inspiration using a couple of Mentat’s tools and also trying a technique using alphas and stencils and using them as layer channels in PSP. Also thanks goes to Ed the Atom for his unfinished head.

A different version can be see here, I am not sure which one I like better.
Enigma 7

Thanks for viewing