ZBrushCentral

QuickSave Update Plugin Button Set for ZB3 (replaces QuickSave)

quicksave update splash.jpg

QuickSave Update plugin for ZBrush3 replaces the first QuickSave plugin which replaced the old PSnap button set.

Unzip and install new QuickSave.zsc in the ZStartup\ZPlugs folder. Next time you startup ZBrush3 you will find NINE buttons in the ZPlugins menu under the Svengali subgroup.

Image and I+ buttons

:white_small_square: First, the Image button lets you save the canvas image as a .psd or .bmp file.

:white_small_square: After that, the I+ button will save new versions of canvas image incrementing the original filename. Tree002.psd, Tree003.psd and so on.

Model and M+ buttons

:white_small_square: First, the Model button lets you save the current model (tool) in the directory of your choosing. Models are automatically saved at the lowest SubD level. If more than one SubTool is present, the top SubTool is selected and given the file’s name, after which the original SubTool is reselected.

:white_small_square: Any subsequent saves with the M+ button will increment the root filename, assigning that new filename to the top SubTool.

Docum and D+ buttons

:white_small_square: Here, you save the current Document (.zbr) to the directory of your choosing. Note that if a model is active, it WILL NOT appear in the document file, but will be restored afterwards, same location and size, in edit mode.

:white_small_square: The D+ button will incrementally save subsequent document files.

NEW: Video and V+ buttons

Nothing fancy here, just two new buttons which work pretty much like the others in QuickSave.

Video button

:white_small_square: If you Press Video button when no Movie is in progress., you get a warning popup message that tells you so… and aborts.

:white_small_square: If Movie IS in progress, the Pause button is automatically pressed and the Save As Movie dialog box opens up - you enter a new name, press Enter, and the Movie (from beginning to its current pause point) is saved in the directory you choose, a momentary popup confirmation message is displayed, then the Movie resumes recording.

:white_small_square: If you have already saved a movie before, all you need do when the Save As Movie dialog box opens up, is to press Enter, and the Movie (again, from beginning to its current pause point) is saved OVER the previous save using the same filename and path. A momentary popup confirmation message is displayed, then the Movie resumes recording.

:white_small_square: Note for the Video button to work you must have already MANUALLY STARTED the Movie (after setting your custom parameters). The Video button merely automates saving to the current point then, continuing the capture. When done, you must also MANUALLY STOP it.

V+ button

:white_small_square: If you Press Video button when no Movie is in progress., you get a warning popup message that tells you so… and aborts.

:white_small_square: If Movie IS in progress, the Pause button is automatically pressed and a NEW COPY WITH INCREMENTED NAME is automatically created (from beginning to its current pause point) and saved in the same directory as the original, a momentary popup confirmation message is displayed, disappears, then recording of the Movie resumes recording.

One warning about using V+
:white_small_square: If you press the V+ Button after beginning a Movie, but without having already saved it with a UNIQUE NAME for that RECORDING session, you will save a NEW COPY OF THE MOVIE IN PROGRESS WITH INCREMENTED NAME using the Movie Name assigned from a previous session. This may or may not be what you want, but QuickSave can’t know.

The ninth button, QS-Help?, elaborates on this info about each button and how it works.

To use QuickSave, I drag all buttons (except for QS-Help?) to my User Interface (as shown).

*** A CAUTION! ***
I strongly recommend that you TEST THESE BUTTON-SAVE OPERATIONS WITH NON-CRITICAL FILES UNTIL YOU ARE CONFIDENT THEY WORK AS EXPECTED. And please, if you find any problems report them here.

Finally, at the suggestion of Marcus_Civis, I’ve added some code that keeps better track of previously used folders. Thanks to Marcus and to Aminuts for extensive testing and various feedback… and to Scott for suggesting the Video addition. appreciate it guys!

Sven

1 Like

OK, this is pure Candy…saves so much work…Thank YOU!

Bimm

Just what the good Dr, ordered. Thanks this is great.

Very cool… !!!thx dude!

This is great. Thanks a lot.

Sven, thank you so much. We all really appreciate the work you and others do in our behalf.

It always amazes me the things people can do, and are willing to share on this forum.

Again, thanks

Word.

Hey, the new one’s out! w000t!! Thanks svengali! This plugin has saved countless hours of zbrushing. :wink:

Thanks guys… I hope to have a few others posted this week, both updates and one or two new ones.

Sven

I remember having this very useful plugin for ZB2, great to see it for ZB3 now, Thanks Sven… :smiley:

Works a treat Sven (just as before :slight_smile: ) Thanks for all your ingenuity and hard work :+1:

Chris

Awesome set of tools. Thanks so much!! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the .zsc :wink: very useful

Loving it…however, it keeps saving in the ZScripts folder. Is there a way to make it save in the ZTools folder?

I’m surprised you are having this problem. The script specifically allows you to pick the folder path in the standard file save dialog window. And Quicksave remembers this path between saves, even between ZBrush sessions.

After the model is saved there is a popup note that tells you the path where your file was saved (above the name of the file saved). The path you choose when you do a save should match the path when you later do an incremental save…

[attach=76550]quicksave confirm window.jpg[/attach]

Sven

Attachments

quicksave confirm window.jpg

well oddly enough after you post it seems to be working… :lol:

newb error.

Needed a quick save like this. Thanks

Svengali, I think you just saved ZBrush 3.1 for me. I no longer seem to be getting the save crashes. So far so good. :slight_smile:

Svengali, Thank you.

Quicksave is a truely impressive solution to the ever so common issue of zbrush crashing during saving. I couldn’t begin to tell you how many times I have lost my creativity on models. But still being human, from time to time I tend to get so envolved and focused on my project that I forget to reach for the “M” key to save and my workstation crashes.

Now, not being a programer or scripter I have no idea of the time or envolvement it takes to create scripts like these, but I was wondering if additions to the script would be possible? The addition I had in mind was a timed autosave. With a timed auto save, the artist would be able to set the time interval whether it was 15 seconds or 15 minutes and would not have to worry that his work was saved just prior to a system crash. I know that this is not a new idea and that programs such as 3ds max come standard with this type of save programming. I was just wondering if this could be added to the quicksave scripting?

Again, thank you for “saving” us. :slight_smile:

Hi,

thanks for the autosave script - as Zbrush keeps crashing constantly I hope this will help me moving forward with my work

One question: your script does not save my models at their lowest level (which I know is also a reason for broken models)

any idea why?

kind regards Michael

use the “model” button to determine path - then use M+ button

m :+1: