ZBrushCentral

Free female base mesh (nudity)

Hello all I have been trying for some time now to build a good universal female base mesh, and I think I may have finally done it. And I figured the best way to find out if she is any good or not would be to donate her to the community. I hope that anyone who downloads it will post their comments here as to if she is good or areas that need to be improved on. I am planning on using this in an animation next semester for school so any input on it would be great. Thanks and happy Z Brushing.

1 Like

Ok this is what I have so far using the above base mesh. I have found a couple of areas that may be of concern one being in the corners of the mouth the other being where the breast meets the shoulder and armpit crease. Will know more once she is rigged. Let me know what you all think of it so far as well as if you see something I should change in the base mesh. Thanks for looking.[attach=64537]first_look.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

first_look.jpg

1 Like

Oh yeah forgot to mention there is an unwelded vertices in the middle of her back you might want to take care of before going nuts modeling on her. Sorry for that it didn’t show up till I was divided a couple of times and had to start over so I forgot to post in my frustration.

I’ve been contemplating doing the same sort of thing! You beat me to it :wink: . I’m going to have to bring it into ZB3 and turn on the frame to see your edge flows around the eyes, mouth, jaw, and breasts are ok. Thanks for sharing. Zak’s Super Average man is soo… instructional. I think its a must for everyone to knock out a human, especially a generic human. I don’t think there is any other way to learn anatomy better.
Thanks for sharing!

Looks nice… I’ll difenatly use this as a reference…

btw could you change your text to white? black on the default dark grey is hard to read

looks great!

Here is an update on the back.back.jpg

Very good idea, the model looks good.
Thanks for sharing.

Ok im not sure if I just got lucky or not. But remember that vertice I said wasnt welded. Well I was at level 4 and noticed it had the model saved but scrapped it cuz I didnt think I could retain the detail I had already created. But I re opened it saved it at its highest sub level exported it as an OBJ opened in Maya welded the vertices, re saved as OBJ and overwrote the existing OBJ. Imported back to Z Brush and rebuilt the sub levels and all the detail and subs are workin fine. I thought once you changed the number of vertices that information was lost? Has anyone else experienced this or have I dumped a boat load of good sculpts because I was an I diot and forgot to weld when I was deep into a sculpt?

Thanks for the mesh. Hopefully someday I can return the favor

Nice base.

Here is an update on her. I am not real sure about the legs in the side view maybe need to be a little thicker? Anyway crits and comments welcome. I hope that with the help of the Z community maybe I can make this a top row piecs so let me have it …lol.
3_views.jpg

Would make a good base for female actions characters. :wink:

-K

I think she looks good. I wish I was built as nice as her LOL. I think the legs are fine and it could be the shadow that makes them look just a little thin in the side view but they look fine in the front and back views.

Any chance of getting one posted with a light background? I also think they would be excellent reference material.
Thanks

Started detailing the face let me know what ya think.closeup_face.jpg

Started working on the hands. As always crits and comments welcome.hands.jpg

Is my work that terrible? Viewed 1500 + times, my mesh downloaded 300 times and 5 responses…hmm. Oh well if the mesh helps someone I guess it is all worth it. I juat wanted some input from the tallented people of this forum on my work and areas that need improvement but evidently they are too busy. So I guess I will just continue on and hope this piece turns out good enough to impress them. Maybe then they will post a comment.

Mnmava, evidently there were 300 people that liked your mesh enough to download it. They were so excited to get started with your mesh that they forgot to say thank you, but I’m sure they will remember and come back to do that.
I am no expert, I play with Maya a little but I think you have done a great job. Hands are especially hard to do I think, but you seem to have mastered those too.
I am curious, what program are you using to create the mesh with, if you don’t mind my asking?
Thanks again for uploading your mesh and I will soon find a good use for it.
Thanks,
Kaci

Thanks for the kind words l84ada8, but I am not sure if it is because the base is that great or if they have been downloading it because it is free…lol. I haven’t forgot about your request for a lighter background. Did you want a three view with the lighter background or the three view and a top? I have been working on the textures hope to have something posted by the end of the day.

Ok I have started the texturig please let me know what you think or if you would like to see closeups or different views.
3_view_textured.jpg

Attachments

face_closeup_textured.jpg

hand_closeup_textured.jpg

torso_closeup.jpg