ZBrushCentral

My XSI 6 and Zbrush 3 Video Tutorial

Good evening all.

Here are links to part one and two of my XSI 6 and Zbrush 3 video tutorial. I did this after a request on another forum about how to get from XSI into Zbrush then back again. I hope you find it usefull.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz3mojb61uw
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfytJNJR11M

I appreciate any comments or critiques of what I’m showing. I’m fairly new to Zbrush and the videos show some quirks I’ve discovered when working with XSI and Zbrush in the last few weeks.

~ JamesCG

thanks for the tutorial, i knew the maya disp. workflow, but was interested in the one for XSI. I didn’t thought it would work very vell without the “old” displacement exporter plugin …

Thanks a lot,man! Very insightful! I am just getting my head from Maya into XSI and the info you provide will surely come in very handy. Any other pointers you can give to optimize workflow between the two apps for high detail photorealistc-level character animation in XSI would also be extremely appreciated. Many thanks again! :smiley:

Cheers!

Thanks for all that much needed info!Im trying to marry my xsi and zb3 currently and this is a great help!Any more? lol…

Thanks
cal

nice one

btw. in the import/export preferences turn the iFlipx and eFlipx on and store configuration - this way you won’t have to flip your normals every time you import back from zbrush and vice versa :slight_smile:

Will this trick also work with normal mapping as well…? Because I often find my details way more then I expect…such as if I paint the mesh super detailed and the details poke out, my model looks inflated… how would I get around this?

i have trouble always the same is displacement
the render time is too big and the quality is no good
so i try other metod but the résult is bad
on max the render quality is very good i don’t understand why
in xsi i’am lost for make render (;-

i try on polysphère the render is fine but i hope for make beter

when i do the same trick for my model it’s loose

great thanks!