ZBrushCentral

ZSphere based body patterns for beginners

hi folks,
i want to start a sort of challenge based on zsphere-modelled body parts by the community. the model-parts should be not detailed but more like basic patterns to provide evryone some kind of tool-database for quick and easy start with basic modelling plus easy way to learn the basic handling of zspheres by studying other peoples tools.
the main goal of the game is not to make another poserlike “just-join-evrything-together-and-feel-like-a-pro-modeller” but to learn
from each other and maybe get some freaky nice results if someone really wants to join the patterns to one masterpiece^^.

feel free to discuss about making something better or just anotherway round.
so have fun. feel free to to evry stuff u want from monsters via aliens to human or animal- body parts. if u do not want to upload the ztl, then simply dont do it^^.

maybe its useful to make a pic of the zsphere, the mesh + the ztl for download
im starting with a symmetric 3finger-hand-pattern.
[attach=63828]ZSphere_3fingerhand_pattern.jpg[/attach]
[attach=63829]ZMesh_3fingerhand_pattern.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

ZSphere_3fingerhand_pattern.jpg

ZMesh_3fingerhand_pattern.jpg

Hello, i saw the challenge and i made some fingers. They are not very realistic but i think they are good for the challenge. :slight_smile:

Attachments

fingerszspheres.jpg

fingersobj.jpg

Hehe cool, here’s my entry…errr some creature… :lol:

Now because I suck at making adaptive skin if somebody want, he/she can set it up and re-post :wink:
[attach=63905]Clip_4.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Clip_4.jpg

UnknownCreature#1.ZTL.zip (8.92 KB)

no problem to make adapative skin by evryone itself.

to be more detailed: avoid making whole figures/creatures. if making parts, i think it would be usefull to make folowing patterns: - head or parts of heads like horns (e.g animal-horns) or insectlike antenna etc. - hands or claws or fins - arms or claws or fins - legs - feets - torsos - tails (think of all sorts of animal or insect, crustaceeans or even fishes). keep it simple and straight (the clearer the form the better the details)

and concentrate on what u want (monsters, aliens, natural animal, insect fishlike an so on), even if u have a combination of them in mind.

a good things too is always to study the proportions and take them as a pattern too if it works on your intention.
zpheres r nearly perfect for experimenting with or trimming proportions before starting the sculpting (although tehy have their limits, but the main limit is the lack of knowledge of oneself what goes and what not. thats y i started this challenge^^)

made a sort of foot, again with 3 toes (enhanced version ^^).
not that good, but wtf…maybe sonme can tweak it a bit better
[attach=63973]ZSphere_3zehenfuss_pattern.jpg[/attach]
[attach=63974]ZSphere_3zehenfuss_pattern_pers.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

ZSphere_3zehenfuss_pattern.jpg

ZSphere_3zehenfuss_pattern_pers.jpg

female torso

Ruffed in some details just some major landmarks.
Enjoy
http://www.houseoftutorials.net/nolinking/torso.zip

torso.jpg

made some sort of a tail.
hm could also be a part of a head…

as usual i prefer to set adaptive skin to:

ires 10
mbr 10
mc on
mp off
density 3

zspheres interact with each other in very tricky ways. some results arent always the way i wish they would^^.
i recommend to watch the tuts on cannedmushrooms links^^ too!

and thx jason for the support here.
[attach=64046]ZSphere_tail_pattern_pers.jpg[/attach]
[attach=64047]ZSphere_tail_pattern_spheres.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

ZSphere_tail_pattern_pers.jpg

ZSphere_tail_pattern_spheres.jpg

ZMan.jpg Here ya go. Just a quick starting spot for a ZHuman (to add to the zillions already out there) :slight_smile: . You can start messing around with the shape of the adaptive skin with the following settings.

Density 1 or 2
Ires 0
Mbr around 56
Mc active

Attachments

ZManDen2Mbr56Mc.jpg

I remember this was such a big help when I was just learning zbrush2. Good to see you all keeping this idea/spirit up to date. I may even throw in some parts to use.