ZBrushCentral

Marc Boulay > Fun test for Pixologic

Hi All !

My name is Marc Boulay. I am anatomist animal sculptor.

I had to wait 10 years to discover Zbrush 2. When I discovered Zbrush I never touched the clay! It misses me in no way. A real revelation and a magnificent 3D modeling tool 3D created by a band of joyous developers for sculptors.
Henceforth, I integrated ZBrush into my professional and personal life :+1:

Best All and good ZBrush 3 :+1: babyroussa_01.jpgacanthomyrmex_03.jpgacanthomyrmex_04.jpgacanthomyrmex_06.jpgacanthomyrmex_05.jpgacanthomyrmex_01.jpgacanthomyrmex_02.jpgacanthomyrmex_07.jpgacanthomyrmex_08.jpgacanthomyrmex_09.jpgacanthomyrmex_010.jpgbabyroussa_02.jpgbabyroussa_03.jpgbabyroussa_04.jpgcaulkicephalus_01.jpgcaulkicephalus_02.jpgParotosuchus_01.jpgParotosuchus_02.jpgParotosuchus_03.jpgParotosuchus_04.jpgafter_man_01.jpgafter_man_02.jpgafter_man_03.jpgafter_man_04.jpgafter_man_05.jpgafter_man_06.jpgafter_man_07.jpgafter_man_08.jpgprognathodon_01.jpgprognathodon_02.jpgprognathodon_03.jpgicon2.jpg

Attachments

prognathodon_03.jpg

Good grief! I’ve seen it … I still don’t believe it.

I can’t recover from that ant sculpture…and, I’m running out of synonyms for “amazing”.

:lol: I know what you mean. How could one say amazing in so many different ways so that people won’t think it’s spam? astounding, bewildering, breathtaking, extraordinary, impressive, marvelous, miraculous, spectacular, staggering, startling, striking, stunning, stupefying, stupendous, wonderful, wondrous!!

That ant thing. . . is that thing really hairy? are those tiny hair spikes really meshes?

I’d like to see them in glorious technicolor!!!

The details on the first image is insane! Great great can’t wait til the final version of Z3 is released! :+1: :+1:

Trust me when I say, that ant pushes new boundaries. When Marc first posted it on the beta forum, we all stopped in awe. For several days! The detail on the mesh sets new standards! :wink:

Marc- Since you started to show your work here myself and others have become fans of your work. I saw your thread yesterday with your images from the beta. I unfortunately didn’t know how to put it into words how I felt. The Ants image put me in awe for the sheer amount of detailing and makes me wonder how many polys did you work with on those images. I’m not generally one to let the sheer amount of detailing of a image totally define what I like in someones art work, however your piece is such that the details draw you in and complement what you strived to accomplish with those images. Prolly others of your works I enjoy more though you definitely succeeded in a image that produces a microscopic realism to this image in a breath-taking manner. :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

signs

Do you work closely with paleontologists and zoologists?

Marc, I believe you could be any kind of sculptor that you wanted to be. :slight_smile:

Great models Marc !
I hope to see you soon : )

…

Thanks to all.

I am very touched

Great work - the insect creations are sublime.
Look forward to more.

the insects are amazing

the high contrast cavity effects coupled with the super high density details feel really abrasize to my eyes… but at the same time, I cant stop staring at them because they are so detailed and the craftsmanship and technology are both so excellent…

plus I’ve always been fascinated by insects… I know they’re living things, but they have the appearance and behavior of something cold and mechanical… The Matrix machine designs struck this chord with me spot on at points, and your images are doing the same

very very ultra kewl works. I love your modeling skills and artistry.

Ron
catfishmn@aol.com

Ooh I like seeing the muscle on bone test. That means that I can attempt a project similar. :wink: Did you model all of the pieces in zbrush from scratch or brought a rough model in?

The only thing I don’t like about your models is your cavity shader is too intense.

That thorax is just downright evil! Wow… Disgustingly beatiful.

Wonder what the ants would look like rendered with the “electron microscope” look? Or is that too obvious and clichéed for the theme? Or too real? Now it’s even beyond unreal! (Whatever that means. I’m lost for words, actually. ) Again: That thorax is just… Wow!

Hi Marc,
I’m really keen to see your images but can’t figure out how to (sorry if I’m being really stupid). I’m clicking on the various jpeg titles and they’re not working. Tried the link to your site but it just redirects me to zbrush central.

Stunning art and presentation.:slight_smile:

dude…
that’s some craaaaazy stuff.
i love watching the pig go from disassembled skull and muscle to cute little piggie hanging out on his mound of dirt. that one is my favorite.
great work, man.
-matt

The work you all are creating looks like its going to be the way all 3d is going from now !Brilliant!Can you possibly imagine zb4!

cal