ZBrushCentral

Custom Ui problem.

Hi,
I got a problem with my UI. I made a custom UI but now the ActivePoint and totalPoint Disappear from the top shelf.
And everytime I put it on, and I restart Zbrush they disappear. I have to do the same thing everytime.
There is a solution about it ?

Thx

In order to get these to ‘stick’ you have to position them before any 3DTool has been loaded. So:

1. Start ZBrush and at the startup screen press ‘Esc’ so that no ztool is loaded.
  2. Switch on ‘Customize UI’ and drag the Active & Total Point buttons to where you want.
  3. Save your UI by pressing the Store Config button (Shift+Ctrl+i).

Thx Marcus, it works fine now :smiley:

Ah, exactly the answer i was searching for. But…
It works perfectly for ActivePoints but now i wanted to put the “Activate Symmetry” button somewhere, so that i have a big orange visual notifier to see that symmetry is on :slight_smile:
Couldn’t find any workaround for the moment.

regarding custom ui
how can I put the brush icons on the bottom of the screen and also how can I take away that brush and material pallete from the side, I only want to have the brushs I use at the bottom and nothing on the left hand side of the screen

To add brushes to the bottom first select the brushes you want so that they appear at the top of the Brush palette. (Dock the brush palette in the right or left tray to keep it open.) You can then Ctrl+Alt+drag the small icons to where you want. Just drag them to the bottom of the screen - you’ll see a white line appear around the area where you can place them.

To remove any interface item simply Ctrl+Alt+drag it onto the canvas area.

Here is the custom UI i use. Just seems to work for me. You can always move, and remove or add your own touches.

Here is the link if you would like to use it. Hope this helps get you started.
You will find that the Zbrush community is awesome.

thanks a lot was able to get it how I like
for now

I like having buttons on the bottom of the screen, that’s how ive got set up my day jobs software

dang 1 hiccup im getting is my orb cracks dosent stay there I have to load it everytime, where can I put that brush so that It loads like the rest

I put it in the same line as the others at the bottom, does it need to be in a specific folder as well?

Make sure the brush file is in the ZBrush 4R6\ZStartup\BrushPresets folder. It will then be loaded at startup and should appear on your custom ui.

Thanks that did it
but curious as to why that folder, is it because its a custom brush?
Do all custom brushs need to be in that folder if I want to add more

Yes, for ZBrush to load a custom brush automatically when it starts the brush file must be in that folder. Also, don’t put too many brushes in there (say a maximum of 25) or you may get performance issues.

Sweet…Yeah I really like the color scheme!!:smiley: