ZBrushCentral

121 on realism / anatomics / texture issue

Hi all,

I’ve been away for a while, still trying to figure out a workflow that satisfies me.
I’m getting some cool stuff, but seems i’ll have to keep working for ages before i can get the look i’m trying to get in my pics.

Anyway, i made a doodle today, and while doing Mr. Head n# 1356485zillion2, i figured out that the model I was doing in two ours was exactly the same I could have done a year ago when I started to get confident with ZB interface and tricks.

So, i understand i’m going like in the wrong direction. And i understand too that what I mainly lack is a good knowledge of Anatomy (facial in this case, but body anatomy too in others), among other things, like understanding what makes a texture a GOOD texture.

Sooooooo…

Does anyone have good links about anatomy sources, lessons, advices, texture tips, general realism in CG considerations ? :wink:

I bet you have ! C’mon !

Here is my last crime :

Criticize, explain, be tough.
:b2: Thanks a lot. :b2:

The CLASSIC on anatomy…
You can get started here for sure… :cool:
http://www.bartleby.com/107/

hi, i’m currently working with the following book: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0823016285/qid=1062272816/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_2/104-3739920-0785546?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

and also this one: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0823013766/ref=pd_bxgy_img_2/104-3739920-0785546?v=glance&s=books looks quite interesting :slight_smile:

vincentducos excuse me¡¡ When I reviewed the post I saw that forget my feedback to you¡¡¡ I want to say the model is very nice and with the links that already has been poited I will improve a lot but actually I really like¡¡
Thanks Stonecutter and Blackthorn for the link are very interesting¡¡

I knew it !
Stonecutter : that’s an awsome source ! Thanks a lot.
Blackthorne : those books look great, and having the choice, i would surely prefer to buy a few of them, but for now I have to rely on good ol’ free network.
(EDIT)
The Burne Hogarth book is really a cool one, I think I’ll try to buy this one asap. But seems this edition only has the facial stuff, while the book i saw talked about all and every aspect of the human body…)
(//EDIT)

BTW, isn’t that the kind of ‘information’ I can expect to find freely on internet ? Just asking :slight_smile:

I’m sure people in this board have a lot of interesting links like those !

Thanks for helping ! :+1:

Glad to be of help, Vincent… :smiley:

Here’s another ‘Portal’ to lots of information… :cool:
http://coldfusion.art.msstate.edu/camenisch/thehumanhead/reference.html

“He who seek, this one will find”

an interesting link, compares Da Vinci and Vesale drawings.
planches ANATOMIQUES
it’s in french, but the pictures don’t need any vocabulaire :wink:

now i go give a shoot at yours, stonecutter.
(EDIT)
And there I found something both funny (or perhaps frightening, i’m not sure :rolleyes: )
Towards a Digital Computer with a Human Face
A must see.The Eyes page is also a must see :smiley:
(//EDIT)

A VERY interesting link indeed, Vincent! :smiley:
(And my last name is Lapierre, originally spelled by mon pere, LaPierre, I live in a bilingual country officially, (Canada), and had no problem with the language! :wink: :smiley: )

I’m going to bookmark this one for sure, just for those INCREDIBLE drawings by two Masters! Thank you for the link! :cool:

There was a fabulous site on the Net about anatomy
by an ancient Zbrusher: Peter Levius at www.fineart.sk
but curiously this site has desapear ???
Pilou

I noticed that site had disappeared too, Frenchy…
I wanted to post it here…All of Andrew Loomis is gone as well, and one of the Andrew Loomis bookmarks I had, now leads to a Yugoslavian site… :confused: :frowning:

Yes the Loomis Books were In format 1/1 !!! :frowning:
Pilou

Fortunately, I did download some for reference…I’ll try to locate them again.
(But I bet you find them quicker! :smiley: :cool: )

I refound this one :slight_smile:Andrew Loomis
Pilou

That one didn’t open for me…How about this one, which is two of his books in PDF format…
http://www.saveloomis.org/

EDIT:The second time I tried it was succesful…I KNEW you’d come through, Frenchy! :smiley: :wink: :sunglasses: :+1:

1:1 Anatomy details ? That’s almost as good as having a true model home :slight_smile:

Remembers me of two human 1:1 sculptures I saw at Madrid’s Reina Sofia. Just as realistic as truth but made of clay or sort of it. I can’t remember the name of the artist though…

I’m getting a little further in my search, this time with a torso. I have set the picture and tried to model a sphere to it, adding ZClay where I saw muscles… then I did the front side using the good old method (trying to figure out where the hell were the bones and stuff using my brain cells and memory.)
(Not actually sure which one is the best side :wink: )

Nnnnnice, Vincent! :+1: :+1: :+1:

I think you’ve started a major ‘Reference Source’ thread here! A great public service… :smiley: :sunglasses:

Another Loomis Book
Pilou

Pilou : Yessss Man ! Those are pretty good exemples of what I was looking for. C’est du très bon !!! Thanks a lot.

Stonecutter : If I managed that, I’m quite happy :smiley:

Something like this :

where did you find that back reference?

Check the first link I posted on page 1 of this thread O…I think that’s from ‘Grays’ Anatomy’, which is what that first link leads to…The Entire reference book is there, and if you want, you can click on ‘Illustrations’, and just check out those…

And WELCOME ABOARD!.. :cool:

EDIT:Actually, when I checked ‘Grays’, I couldn’t seem to find that image, so I guess you’ll have to wait for Vincent to tell you, or check out the links on this thread posted so far…Trust me…You’ll find LOTS of great references if you check those… :cool: