ZBrushCentral

Insects challenge- are they fictional or absolutely real

I was just Zbrushing around and wanted to start learning the ways of Zspheres when I stumped on creating this specific fellow. It`s quite fictional and one of my first things created. It might look a bit odd or strange for someone with a pro-eye but I tried my best.

Feel free to accept this challenge I propose- create a good-looking insect and post a pic of it here. There are no time limits and I hope that many will try their hands on creating some 6-legged creatures.

ins.jpg

Attachments

ins2.jpg

here u are, one of the bugs i made last year, zspheres model is at my praying mantis thread. (Lightwave FPrime render)

0003.jpg

Silverleaf - great idea for a challenge. I will certainly try to model something for it. I did a very bad looking spider (I know, not an insect) a few years ago in 1.55b, but I take it the challenge is for new entries (???).

One suggestion: put the word Challenge in the title of your thread. More people will know what it’s about and check in.

Great looking scorpid you have there abraXas. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the advice I surely will follow it. And every kind of insect will do, except spider-kind of course. Keep them coming.

This is kind of an insect or something like that i made i zbrush .
i hope you like it

[attach=64570]6.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

6.jpg

Hi all…

A quick model of a funnel-web spider I did tonight. I know… it’s an arachnid and not an insect but I thought I would post some links anyway. I’ll try and model an insect tomorrow night.

[attach=69998]funnel_web.jpg[/attach]
[attach=69999]funnel_web_random.jpg[/attach]

It’s my 2nd time using zspheres. Love them!

Cheers

Attachments

funnel_web.jpg

funnel_web_random.jpg

Here’s one that’s not terribly true to life. In fact, I’m not sure what it is. Sort of halfway between a fly and a butterfly, I think. Just for kicks I used the new eye brush for the eye shape.

butterfly_fly.jpg

Cool thread, i love that butterfly fly thingy, the eyes are hilarious. Nathan W Jones - Im sure submitting a spider is ok even tho arachnid, most people think they are insects anyways, awesome job. Dane1 - pretty cool, love the look :), abraXas - i love the texturing :slight_smile:

can you kindly PM your MSN to me, thank you.<br>

<br>
Nicole Kidman Monica Bellucci Britney Spears Avril Lavigne Paris Hilton